The Valorant v2.02 patch brings many changes and bug fixes that fans have been asking for. We’ll give you a quick rundown of everything you need to know.
So many people have requested changes to ranked mode, it had gotten to a point where it couldn’t be ignored any longer. And now it won’t, because Riot listened for once… don’t you just love it when they do that every once in a hundred years.
But in all seriousness, this was an issue that has been going on for way too long. Too many players have found themselves in lobbies with others that were way above their level. It was, in simple terms, unfair.
That, however, was fixed (read more below) just like many more issues, both large and small, that players have had over quite some time now.
Valorant v2.02 Patch Notes
Rifle Movement Accuracy update (Bulldog/Guardian/Phantom/Vandal)
- Running Error across rifles increased 3.75 >>> 5.0
- Walking Error across rifles increased .8 >>> 1.1
- Crouch-moving Error across rifles increased .3 >>> .8
- Increased the effectiveness or Rank Rating convergence: players will now converge to their match making rating (MMR) faster, requiring fewer games to prove their rank
- Players Iron through Diamond who perform exceptionally well in a match (weighed against their own average performance) will gain bonus Rank Rating
- Changed Diamond 3 to a premade size capped at 2 players
- Your current leaderboard rank will now display on your Career: Act Rank tab. At the end of an Act, your final leaderboard rank will be preserved and displayed on the Act Rank Badge you earned.
- Added a rate limiter to the in-game weapon store to keep players from spamming purchases in quick succession, which caused a potential performance issue
- Fixed a bug where players could silently plant the spike (credit here)
- Fixed issues where players couldn’t move after exiting a Sova Drone or a Cypher camera
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t leave Cypher’s camera view or couldn’t move their mouse
- Fixed an issue where picking up weapons stacked on top of each other, resulted in attempts to pick up both
- Fixed a bug where the Chat Box would remain open in-game
- Fixed a bug where enemy messages would still appear in Deathmatch while the Mute All Enemies setting was enabled
- Fixed a bug where the queue restriction penalty did not always scale properly for players who queue dodged repeatedly
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Promotion screen to show for a shorter amount of time than intended
- Fixed a bug that was showing the wrong Immortal icon in some places
- Fixed various localization issues that made it hard to read text in End of Game screen, Lobby, and Match History for some languages
- Fixed issue where various abilities did not work inside Brimstone and Jett’s smoke, even when they were visible to their target
- Fixed issue with Omen’s Shrouded Step targeting that caused it to get stuck on corners at a much greater distance
- Fixed issue where throwing Yoru’s Fakeout through a teleporter caused another projectile thrown afterward to play the Agent audio instead of the object audio
- Fixed Skye’s Seeker’s not being able to find enemies on the zipline platform on B-Site of Split
- Fixed Yoru getting stuck in various spots on maps when using Gatecrash
- Fixed Sova not playing a proper walk animation right after his Owl Drone ends
- Fixed issue where Omen could swap equipables right after selecting a map location for From the Shadows
- Fixed issue where Omen’s camera could become detached when using Dark Cover in poor networking conditions
- Fixed issue where the Spike could be planted on Sage’s wall on the sites on Icebox
- Reduced brightness on initial visuals when blinded from flashes
If you want a little more explanation of some of these, especially the competitive updates, we highly recommend you check out the official Valorant website!
- READ MORE: Valorant Glitchpop 2.0 Skins Are on the Way