The official patch notes for Valorant 2.09 are finally out, and we have all the details. Here's what's changed in the game with the latest update!
Valorant's patch 2.08 introduced Episode 2 Act 3. While it added the new map Breeze, many were disappointed by the lack of a new agent. Sadly, that won't change with patch 2.09 which comes two weeks after the last one. Just as we expected, the latest patch focuses on balance changes, tweaking the new map Breeze and the brand-new mode Replication.
- READ MORE: Top 5 Valorant Agents To Pick on Breeze
New Game Mode: Replication
Replication is a brand-new game mode for Valorant, and it'll replace the already existing Escalation. We can only guess that Riot Games will rotate modes every few months or so. When it comes to Replication, it's a straight copy of "One for all" from League of Legends. Replication will force all players on both teams to play the exact same agent and that'll lead to some interesting situations.
Gear up for VALORANT's newest game mode, Replication. Coming with Patch 2.09. pic.twitter.com/xKg58Jfxcq— VALORANT (@PlayVALORANT) May 11, 2021
Valorant Patch 2.09 Official Notes
Without further ado let's take a look into the notes and everything that changed in Valorant with patch 2.09.
- Toxin (Passive)
The instant decay inflicted when entering Viper’s smoke or crossing her wall, reduced 50 >>> 30
- Blocked vision of the gaps above Mid-Wood Doors and A Metal Doors
- Smoothed player collision in various locations
Game System Updates
- Added tactical timeouts to Tournament Mode Custom Games
- 2 tactical timeouts can be called per game, per team.
- Tactical timeouts last 60 seconds.
- Tactical timeouts freeze all player movements for the duration of the timeout.
- For technical pauses, the standard Pause Match Timer option is still available.
- Improved the visual synchronization of bullet tracers and impact effects for Observers
- This should fix most cases where it looks like a player is killed before a bullet reaches them in our esports viewing experience.
- Adjusted color of placeable utility on the minimap to match team color for Observers
- Adjusted color of names in player loadout HUD to match team color
- Spaced the End Game Phase and Pause Match Timer options in Custom Games to prevent misclicks
- Improved feel on rope ascenders in high latency situations
- Minor performance optimizations to UI in matches
- Added team colors for placed Agent abilities, for observers
- Fixed issue where Astra’s Nebula was slightly offset once fully formed
- Fixed bullet impacts on Sova’s Owl Drone wings appearing in the wrong locations
- Fixed issues across multiple Agents with incorrect damage icons for abilities showing up in the killfeed
- Fixed issue where Killjoy’s Nanoswarm audio would cut off if it was destroyed right after activation
- Fixed an issue where Skye’s Seekers did not show how many enemies were affected in the combat report
- Omen can no longer drop the Spike or weapons while casting From the Shadows
- Fixed an issue where Killjoy’s Alarmbot would display flashed visual effects while invisible
- Fixed an issue where weapons could be instantly reloaded after spamming orb pick ups
- Fixed an issue where sound was lowered by 5dB
- Fixed 1P snow impacts that occurred rarely in gun fights
- Fixed a number of exploits around the map
- Fixed an issue where players could sandwich themselves in between Sage’s wall and the Mechanical Doors on Breeze (or Ascent)
- Fixed a bug that was causing a player’s leaderboard rank to not show up on their Act Rank badge
- Fixed a bug that was showing the ranked rating threshold on the leaderbaord for previous Acts
- Only the current Act should show a ranked rating threshold bar from now on.
Viper got nerfed after so many buffs and the tweaks on Breeze were expected. The tactical timeouts are more than welcome, and it's actually surprising we didn't have them earlier. The only thing missing from the 2.09 patch are some buffs for Yoru who's still not enjoying enough popularity. Are you happy with the changes in patch 2.09? Tell us on Facebook or Twitter!
Register at MyEarlyGame to customize the content on our website and enter exclusive giveaways. It's free!