Valorant's patch 2.06 was the update a lot of players were looking forward to. It's finally live and aside from some notable buffs for Viper and Yoru we also see balance changes in the weapons department. Here are the Valorant 2.06 Patch Notes!
Valorant Patch 2.05 brought additional changes that penalized negative player behavior even further. The long-promised buffs for agent Viper are finally here with patch 2.06. Without further ado let's take a look at all the changes in the latest update!
Valorant Patch 2.06 Patch Notes
Viper has already received numerous buffs in previous Valorant updates, but they weren't enough to make her a tempting pick. Perhaps Valorant patch 2.06 will change that?
Enemies that cross through Viper's Poison Cloud, Toxic Screen, or Viper's Pit are instantly inflicted with at least 50 decay. Their decay level increases the longer they remain in contact with toxins. While in the cloud, Decay over time decreased 15 >>> 10. When out of Viper’s cloud, delay before health regen decreased 2.5 >>>1.5
Can now immediately be redeployed when picked up, but grants a temporary charge instead of a permanent charge. If active when Viper dies, Poison Cloud now remains up for an additional 2 seconds, or until Viper runs out of fuel. Pickup distance increased 200 >>> 400
If active when Viper dies, Toxic Screen now remains up for an additional 2 seconds before deactivating. Full blind distance from the wall increased to better match the blind distance from the edge of smokes.
Equip time decreased 1.1 >>> .8
In custom games with cheats and infinite abilities enabled, Viper can hold down “activate” on Poison Cloud and Toxic Screen to recall them. In custom games with cheats and infinite abilities enabled, Poison Cloud’s landing location is shown on the minimap while equipped.
Another agent in dire need of some buffs is Yoru. He has one of the lowest pick and win rates in Valorant.
- Flash activation time decreased 0.8>>> 0.6 seconds
- Flash duration increased from 1.1>>>1.5
- Gatecrash is no longer refreshed on kills and is instead replenished every 35 seconds
- Lifetime of the Gatecrash fragment increased 20 seconds >>> 30 seconds
- The range at which the Gatecrash fragment is revealed from stealth decreased 7m >>> 4m
- Visuals for visibility range added to the moving fragment
- Ult Points reduced 7 >>> 6
- Yoru can now reactivate Gatecrash while in Dimensional Drift
Killjoy can now pick up deployed Nanoswarm grenades during the buy phase to get the charge back
Valorant Patch 2.06 Weapon Updates
Taking a look in the weapons department the only changes are for Bucky.
- Primary fire (left-click) bullet spread decreased 3.4 >>> 2.6
- Decreased spread on Alt-fire (right-click) 3.4 >>> 2.0
- Updated damage curve for both primary and alt-fire
- 0m–8m is 20dmg per pellet
- 8m–12m is 12dmg per pellet
- Beyond 12m is 9dmg per pellet
- Reduced amount of pellets in a right-click shot from 15 >>> 5
Valorant Patch 2.06 Modes Updates
- Raze’s Showstopper now comes with two Blast Pack Charges
which refill when you touch the ground. Practice those boosts!
- Snowball Launcher now comes with Skates—the increased
mobility should give you an edge against the generally more lethal
- Big Knife now comes with one Tailwind (Jett Dash) charge which
refills on kill. Close all the gaps!
- Loadout variations will be a bit of a surprise, and they’ll show up
rarely. Let us know which ones you like!
Valorant Patch 2.06 Competitive Updates
You can now view a person's career from the in-game Leaderboard. You can now right-click on a leaderboard entry and view their career to check out their Match History, see details of their games, and look at their Act Rank progress. If you are on the the Leaderboard, but don’t want to give away who you are, you can leverage our in-client toggle to label yourself a ‘Secret Agent’.
Valorant Patch 2.06 Quality of Life
HRTF: Head Related Transfer Function
- Added an audio toggle located in the Audio settings panel to enable HRTF
- HRTF allows players wearing headphones to play audio in a simulated surround sound audio space.
- Currently, only footsteps, reloads, and Deathmatch respawns will be rendered in 3D with HRTF enabled.
- It’s recommended that players please turn off any other “3D Audio” processing while using this feature.