It has been weeks since the last update in Valorant. Patch 2.05 is finally live, and we have all the details. Here's everything you need to know!
You came here for some patch notes, and we won't let you down. Previously, Riot Games talked about adding new penalties for offenders, and they've kept true to their promise. Here's the full list of changes in Valorant's patch 2.05.
Valorant 2.05 Patch Notes
- Added unique keybinds to the option menu for flying up and down when using Owl Drone
- Added unique keybinds to the option menu for flying up and down in Astral Form
- The Career: Act Rank tab now has a toggle that allows you to choose to enable or disable your Act Rank
- The Match History tab now allows you to filter your matches per mode
- Players will receive a small rank rating penalty for dodging competitive games.
- Tuned Radiant Rank Rating gains and losses to be more consistent with Immortal Rank Rating behavior
- Custom Games layout and visuals have been updated
- Improved AFK Detection
- Updated Penalties for AFK offenses (This includes warnings, queue restrictions, XP denial, Competitive queue bans, and game bans)
- Updated Penalties for chat-based offenses (This includes warnings, chat restrictions, Competitive queue restrictions, and game bans)
- Reminder that zero tolerance offenses will result in game bans automatically
The devs gave everyone a heads up that these changes were coming in a previous blog post.
Valorant Patch 2.05 Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug where Ranked game icons were misaligned in Match History
- Astra now starts Spike Rush games with all 5 star charges
- Killjoy can’t place Lockdown off the ground by jumping and placing it on cosmetic pieces of geo on the walls anymore
- Fixed issue where Cypher’s Spycam dart could sometimes hit players that were on the other side of a wall
- Fixed Killjoy not getting charges from her Alarmbot and Turret back if they are recalled after she is resurrected
- Fixed dead enemies being counted as flashed enemies in the combat report
- Fixed Astra’s “Out of charges” VO not playing for her abilities while in Astral Form
- Fixed the deafening effect on nearsights not playing if Astra is in the game
- Fixed Cypher’s Spycam targeting going through Sage’s wall
- Fixed Astra having trouble placing Stars on the defender side boxes of Icebox mid from the A site
- Sova Drone and Astra ascend/descend binds now properly respect changed jump/crouch keybinds
- The defuse range circle indicator that shows after planting the Spike again displays properly.
- Fixed a rare bug that could leave players unable to move or process inputs until they died when entering or returning from Astra's astral form, Sova's drone, Skye's scout, or Cypher's Spy Camera.
- Fixed an issue where the Stinger’s stock would appear detached on the ground
- Improved readability of player names in Observer
- Fixed an issue where Skye’s seekers did not visibly move on Brimstone’s tactical map
- Fixed an issue where scoreboard color doesn’t appropriately swap at side swap for Observers
- Fixed a bug that would cause the "Network Problem" icon to appear when no network issues were present