Valorant’s patch 1.05 is live and it’s everything we expected! Killjoy, Deathmatch a new BattlePass, Glitchpop skins, ranked changes and nerfs for Raze?
With patch 1.05 Act I of Valorant is now behind us and Act II brings a lot of changes. Anyone who played ranked will experience a soft rank reset. Killjoy was hinted for the past month so no surprises there. Deathmatch mode is here to give you a good warm-up right before diving into a normal game. Last but not least Raze nerfs?
- READ MORE: Valorant Agent Guide: Raze
Without further ado let’s take a look at all the important changes coming with Valorant’s patch 1.05!
- A new contract has been added to unlock Killjoy and her associated rewards
- Equip Time increased 1.1 >>> 1.4
- Quick Equip Time increased 0.5 >>> 0.7
- VFX reduced when firing rocket
- VFX on rocket’s trail slightly reduced
- Damage decreased 75 >>> 50
- Damage to objects now consistently does 600
Killjoy is live and you can check her full list of abilities on Riot’s official page or our own. So Raze is getting nerfed again? Well, yes and no. Showstopper will be more difficult to hear, but the equip time gets increased. Blast Pack loses 33% of its damage, but let’s be real dealing high amounts of damage was never the real intent behind that ability.
Competitive (Soft AReset)
- Act Ranks have been added to Valorant
- Patch 1.05 marks the end of Competitive Act I—Competitive Act II starts
- Competitive matchmaking now will have a higher chance to match solo and solo/duo players against similarly sized premade groups at the cost of queue times being slightly longer
- Rank indicators have been modified on a loss to provide more granularity into how your rank was changed— You can now receive:
- Rating decreased slightly e (1 down arrow)
- Rating decreased (2 down arrows)
- Rating greatly decreased (3 down arrows)
- Match History will now show the rank you went into the match with for that game, versus the rank you ended the game with
- You can now view your friends career tab via the context menu in the social panel. This means you can see your friends rank, Act Rank, and Match History
- Custom Games now allow the leader to select your target game pod location and see players ping to that game pod.
Game Modes in VALORANT
Deathmatch drops! Hop in to hone your gunplay mechanics or warm up before you hit ranked
- 10-player free-for-all
- First to 30 kills with a time limit of 6 minutes
- No abilities
- You’ll load in as a random Agent that you own
- Buy whatever weapons you want; heavy armor is given to you automatically
- Killing enemies drops health kits: picking one up fully restores your health/armor AND automatically reloads your weapon.
- All enemies are periodically revealed on the minimap
- Deathmatch won’t release before the 5th of August.
Sadly, Deathmatch will be coming tomorrow, on August 5. Just one more day, right Riot? You can now check your friends' matchmaking history and make fun of them, isn’t that great? Overall, the patch delivered exactly what we expected. For the full changes including all the bugs and quality of life improvements, make sure to check out the official Valorant page.
- READ MORE: Valorant Goes Cyberpunk With Glitchpop Skins