Perhaps our expectations were too high.
Valorant Patch 1.06 Brings Minor Changes
The not so long-awaited Valorant patch has arrived! The update brings only a couple of minor changes that probably won’t have too much impact on gameplay.
Riot call it the “Air Shotgun” patch and for a good reason. It’s basically that, a single change to the way shotguns work in Valorant. If you were hoping for Killjoy or Sage nerfs prepare to be disappointed. Here’s the full patch as found on the official Valorant website:
- The audio and visuals for blinding effects (Phoenix Curveball and Breach Flashpoint) should better indicate when to turn away, and when it's safe to look again
All shotguns updated to be less accurate when fired while in the air
- Spread penalty when in air increased .5 >>> 1.25
While shotguns are doing well in situations they are supposed to,, there's been overly frustrating moments where people are accurate with these weapons while in the air. We hope to curb some of those encounters while still making them possible if you catch an opponent at a short distance. We’ll also be investigating more potential changes to shotguns now that we’re rested.
Image GalleryView Gallery
Quality of Life
In Collection menu screens, the “Show Owned Only” toggle now persists between screens and client restarts.
- Potential fix for the bug where the player's HUD sometimes disappears.
- Fixed a bug in deathmatch match history & match details where ties between 3 or more players were not displaying as a tie, instead showing the lowest rank as if they were not tied (so a 3 way tie for 2nd would show 4TH PLACE instead of 2ND PLACE (TIED)).
- Fixed a bug that allowed progress towards competitive matchmaking for new players by forfeiting unrated games.Forfeited games will not count towards the Competitive requirement for the team who forfeited.
- Fixed a bug where ‘<Missing String Table>’ would appear in the chat log.
- Fixed a bug where strange player names could appear in chat when managing party invites
- Fixed a bug
where some players were missing rewards after reaching the end of
Agent Contracts or the Act Battlepass. Playing a game should grant
the missing rewards, including missing rewards from Act
The agent update is a minor one as it only affects two abilities, but it’s certainly welcome as sound can still be improved in a lot of aspects. Shotguns are just as good as before, but if you’re jumping and shooting you better be right up someone’s face.
That’s pretty much the patch and it’s the second time Riot lets us down. There better be some nerfs in 1.07! What do you think about the current patch? Share your opinion on our Facebook page!