Let the games begin!
Valorant is live in EU!
Valorant has become one of the highly anticipated releases in the world of esports and Europe can finally get in on the action. However, all isn't as it seems in Valorant. Keep reading for more details!
The wait felt like weeks, with Riot Games giving us nothing but Press Play links to agent Spotify playlists, but the wait is finally over! EU finally has access to Valorant with some interesting changes to the live servers. Let's take a look, shall we?
A shaky start
With the intended dates finalized by Riot Games, some server issues upon launch were expected, with huge outages across Europe citing stability issues, games dropping, or simply being unable to login to Valorant completely.
- READMORE: Valorant Closed Beta: What did we learn?
Valorant code of conduct
Should you be able to get into Valorant, you'll be greeted with this interesting code of conduct upon launching the game for the first time. You will need to accept this code of conduct before being able to play Valorant.
The code is as follows:
- Compete to win, together: Teamwork wins games. I recognize that I can only win WITH teammates, not in spite of them.
- Commit to respect and empathy: I understand that respect and empathy build trust, and that trust is needed so everyone can perform their best.
- Protect my community: I will build the community I want to play in, one match at a time. I will champion the needs of others while striving to keep my games welcoming and fair for everyone.
- Be my own last line of defense: I will help Riot keep me safe. I will be responsible with my account, devices, personal information and conduct.
This message should (hopefully) be directed to all players, and not just Valorant Beta players. It seems like Riot Games is going all out to build a respecting community, but how long will that last? If only they had something like this for League of Legends... Oh wait, they did but scrapped it years later.
Part of the beta?
Then you'll notice some massive changes. Agents now have their own individual intros when selecting them, maps have new loading screen animations, and there are new title cards to collect. Did we forget to mention there is a brand new Valorant agent? Yeah, Riot Games did that.
Needless to say, we are very excited to finally have Valorant out of its Valotant Beta phase and into one of the first patches, Patch 1.0, which will be coming up soon on EarlyGame. Regardless, excitement is high, Twitch viewership is high, so let's get into a game, shall we? For everything else Valorant, keep it here with EarlyGame.