Valorant’s latest Patch 1.09 brings might shake the meta in Riot's tactical shooter. With changes coming to five agents, nerfs to the Operator, and more. Find out everything about it!
Just as the prophecy foretold, Valorant’s Patch 1.09 was released yesterday, and it includes some nerfs for the Operator. Among other things, it also features changes to five agents, most notably Viper.
- Updated projectile VFX to better represent its hitbox, especially when it is traveling towards your POV
Blade Storm (Burst Fire)
- The time between consecutive Burst Fire use has increased from 0.33 seconds >>> 0.45 seconds
- Daggers thrown in Burst now have a damage falloff that begins at 12 meters and drops steadily (to 35 damage) at max falloff
multiplier on Burst Fire reduced from 3x >>> 2x
The nerfs might seem harsh on Jett but consider that her Burst Fire mode for Blade Storm is meant to be a close-range alternative. Players used it to get frags at long distances and it only made sense for Riot to tone it down a notch.
- Viper now starts the round at 100 fuel (previously 50)
- Vulnerable debuff applied from Snake Bite now lingers for 2 seconds after leaving Viper’s acid
- Move speed doubled while casting
- Viper now fast
equips her weapon after casting, re-equip times vary per gun—but
on average will reduce her weapon downtime by .4 seconds
Viper now starts with 100 fuel instead of the previous 50 and that’ll change a lot. Anyone playing Viper will have more options right from the start instead of having to wait. Dropping a wall as soon as the barrier drops is also not out of the question. Viper keeps getting buffs but according to Riot, her game impact is still way lower than they want.
- Fire rate bonus decreased from 25% >>> 15%
While this may seem like a total nerf it might be good for players that prefer weapons with a high rate of fire.
At its previous fire rate, we felt Empress was too effective when using heavies/smgs, AND too fast to master the change in spray pattern on rifles. We hope this change allows us to address both issues at once, while also giving us a chance to have a unified fire rate increase (matching Brimstone’s stim below) that players can learn and master.
- Fire rate bonus increased from 10% >>> 15%
To make up for the Reyna nerf, Riot are buffing Brim’s Stim Beacon.
- Increased price from 4500 >>> 5000
- Decreased scoped movement speed from 76% >>> 72%
- Adjusted weapon deadzone from becoming inaccurate at 30% movement speed >>> 15% (become inaccurate sooner, become accurate later when stopping)
- Firing rate reduced from .75 >>> .6
- Instant equip time adjusted from 0.3 >>> 0.5 (instant equip plays after tapping orb, bomb defuse/plant tap, Jett Cloud Burst, and Phoenix Curveball)
Leg shot damage decreased from 127
As many of us expected, the Operator nerfs are finally here. To be honest, it’s not even that bad as the weapon will remain a solid pick for anyone that’s confident in using it. The price increase might be the hardest change of all.
- Jump land inaccuracy state changed from gradual >>> binary
- Jump land inaccuracy duration increased from .2 >>> .225
land inaccuracy value increased from 5.0 >>> 7.0 (more
inaccurate for .225s after a land)
You’ll now be inaccurate when landing from a jump with any weapon. Why?
We’ve noticed a trend where players landing from a jump are able to shoot accurately sooner than is reasonable. While this issue is most pronounced on the Operator, it is something that we’ve noticed across all weapons. Jump peeking is valuable for the mixup potential it provides but it was proving too difficult for players to reasonably deal with. These changes retain that mixup potential while slightly increasing the time before the peeker can fire with perfect accuracy.
- During this patch, the chances of being in an hour+ queue should be notably reduced
- Riot ID Reviews (players that got reported will be reviewed automatically)
- Removed Multi-line Breaks in Chat
- Changes to party push to talk settings will now take effect immediately
- The chat window can now be pinned to stay open across menus
- Social Panel Sorting Logic
- Fixed issue where Sova’s hitbox was incorrect while using his Owl Drone
- Fixed bug where Omen’s glowing eyes weren’t properly removed when he canceled his ult
bug where Custom Game preferences would be wiped after navigating
away from the Custom Game lobby
The patch focuses on balance improvements and we’ll probably see some meta changes in the upcoming weeks. Will Viper become a top pick? Will the Operator be labeled useless? We shall see.
What do you think about the new patch? Tell us on our Facebook or Twitter!
- READ MORE: Valorant: New Knife Animations on the Way?