Valve have updated CS:GO yet again. There some gameplay tweaks concerning grenades, a map shift in matchmaking, but most importantly - more news regarding Trusted Mode.
Trusted Mode Becomes Default with CS:GO Launch
Yep, the new CS:GO anti-cheating software Trusted Mode, set to deal wth third-party programs affecting the game, is now the default launch condition of CS:GO. That was an expected move on the developers' part. Trusted Mode has been slowly incorporated into the game for the past month, not always to a great success, and it was pretty much certain that it would become a default setting at some point. That point has arrived.
This new update overwrites the old ways of doing things while installing a new option to let third parties in. Not to just blabber needlessly, here are the patch notes themselves:
- Trusted Mode is now the default launch mode for CS:GO.
- Previous Trusted Mode launch options have been deprecated.
- A new compatibility launch option “-allow_third_party_software” is provided to allow third party software to access the CS:GO game process.
Mutiny in the Swamp
There are changes in the matchmaking map pool. Mutiny and Swamp are entering the fold. They are replacing Chlorine and Jungle. This kind of saddens me as I really like Chlorine and I don't know why I'm writing this here because nobody cares and that makes me even sadder... Moving on!
To not much, really. There's an interesting grenade bug fix that I wouldn't have thought of in a million years, but other than that - cosmetics. Here is the remainder of the patch notes:
- Added Mutiny and Swamp to official matchmaking in Casual, Deathmatch, and Scrimmage game modes.
- Chlorine and Jungle have been removed from official matchmaking.
- Grenades now convey the correct amount of damage to teammates if thrown by another teammate who switched teams or disconnected.
- Decoy grenade explosions no longer damage teammates by default. (controlled via convar ff_damage_decoy_explosion)
- Fixed bsp-embedded models caching rules to allow for reloading the correct model when transitioning to a different map.
- Capped view model backfaces on Desert Eagle.
- Fixed workshop workbench texture regeneration on low shader quality GPU configurations.
- Minor adjustments to Danger Zone delivery drone behavior for Steam Workshop Danger Zone maps.