5) Nightmare Cho’Gath. The name says it all. This skin was released back in 2009 and has not been touched by Riot Games ever since. The art and model work in League of Legends has progressed significantly, but Nightmare Cho’Gath has not. It is in the legacy vault for a good reason. A truly awful skin. (Image credit: Riot Games)
4) Swamp Master Kennen. What was Riot Games thinking when making this? Someone must have suffered a mild concussion when creating this skin, so much so that like Nightmare Cho’Gath, Swamp Master Kennen resides firmly in the legacy vault. Swamp Master Kennen struggles with a thematical identity and looks truly awful. (Image credit: Riot Games)
3) Rusty Blitzcrank. Originally released way back in November 2009, Rusty Blitzcrank is one of the only skins to be removed from the store, and for a good reason. It looks identical to Blitzcrank, but a shade darker. We understand those were different times back then, but come on, Riot Games, really? (Image credit: Riot Games)
2) The Magnificent Twisted Fate. There's so much to say about this skin. First and foremost, it costs a whopping 1820 RP. Yes, you heard us, 1820 RP. The skin has so little within it to justify the cost. There are so many 1350 RP skins that will get you so much for your money. The Magnificent Twisted Fate makes Number 2 due to its ridiculous cost to value ratio. (Image credit: Riot Games)
1) Coral Reef Malphite. Wow, what can we say here? Coral Reef Malphite's skin is just awful. In-game, it's a joke, and often picked because of that. The artwork looks truly terrifying, but enough has gone wrong to make it one of the worst skins in League of Legends. We do wonder how long it will be until Riot Games updates this skin – the company is known for killing memes, after all. (Image credit: Riot Games)
League of Legends has over 1000 skins, with more coming to each patch. We have given you the best skins in LoL, but what are some of the worst? Let us take a look at some of these LoL skin disasters, shall we?