10. R9-0: With this weapon you can take everything apart at close range. Its special two-shot mode lets you fire two shots in quick succession before repeating. If you like fast run-and-gun gameplay you will find the perfect companion here.
9. MK2 carbine: This weapon is deadly at almost any distance with a hit in the upper body. The rate of fire is also high enough by the leverage action to forgive a miss here and there. Nevertheless it needs good aim. If you like one-shot weapons at a distance but don't want to be as immobile as a sniper, the MK2 is the right choice.
8. HDR: The HDR is the strongest sniper in the game. It has the highest range and almost no bullet drop, which makes it especially popular in Warzone. Upper body hits always kill and even a fully armored player in Warzone is sent to the ground with a head hit. The perfect weapon for any sniper.
7. PKM: With a huge magazine, good fire rate and excellent precision, PKM is a good choice for anyone who doesn't feel like reloading and likes to barricade themselves in. This LMG is best suited for securing and holding areas. So pull the trigger and clean up!
6. The rate of fire is relatively low for an SMG, but damage and range are excellent with the right attachments. Especially in Warzone, the AUG is considered a real meat grinder, as it eats through enemies' armor plates like nothing else. A good choice for players who are mobile and still want to fight at longer distances.
5. 725: By far the best shotgun in the game was long considered OP and is still an absolute top choice after several nerfs. With the right attachments the 725 kills, for shotguns, at absurd distances. The only drawback is its break-action mechanism. Those who don't kill with the two shots are usually dead men walking as you need to reload after every pair of bullets. Nevertheless you should definitely try this weapon, you will be surprised how much fun it is.
4. MP5: The best submachine gun in the game. The MP5 is extremely versatile and offers a good balance of damage, fire rate, precision and range. Depending on the attachments it can be played at almost any distance and shreds especially well at short distances. Since the release of Modern Warfare, the MP5 has been present in almost every match and, in our opinion, for good reason.
3. RAM-7: This assault rifle is extremely powerful. The recoil is easy to control, damage and rate of fire are excellent, range and precision are pretty good too. You can't do anything wrong with this rifle even though it is very similar to the M4A1. So it is up to you which one you prefer.
2. Grau 5.56: This weapon is the latest addition to the assault rifle class and is incredibly adaptable. The basic values of the Grau are not to be sneezed at. High precision, manageble recoil and high rate of fire. With the right attachments this weapon can be converted into just about anything your heart desires. You want to go to hand-to-hand combat? No problem. Rather chase snipers at long distances? Change the barrel and you are ready to go. This weapon is still low key among players, so if you trust us, you might get the upper hand.
1. M4A1: The king of assault rifles. The M4A1 is still the most widely used weapon in Call of Duty. It offers excellent precision, range and rate of fire and is very versatile. Even though the RAM has almost the same values, the M4 is still the fan favorite, and ours as well. This weapon probably won't be knocked off its throne any time soon.
What are the best weapons in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? We're about to find out with some visuals to boot. If you want to know more about Modern Warfare's arsenal, check out our individual weapon class series.