EA Sports have been quite stubborn with releasing TOTW squads in the last few weeks even though they have been universally recognized as being pretty much useless. This week we see the last TOTW squad of the 2019/20 season and bar two special cards, the same logic could be applied again.
May TOTW Rest in Peace
Team of the Week is usually a format presented before Team of the Season, Summer Heat and all of that stuff rolls around at the end of a season. The coronavirus pandemic changed all that, however, and has dubbed the TOTW squads all but useless when compared to their boosted brothers from TOTSSF and Summer Heat.
We've been on the cancel bus for a few weeks now, having recognized how 80-rated cards are not on anyone's radar in July, but EA are gonna EA, so they kept releasing TOTW packs. This week it all comes to an end finally, and thanks to another pack that's being released later today, we actually get a couple of cards worth their buck.
English Premier Division stars Kevin De Bruyne and Trent Alexander-Arnold's TOTW cards will actually be their TOTSSF and TOTY cards instead. That's because they are also included in the Best Of pack, set to release this evening as part of the FUT Pre-Season promotion. In numbers, that means we're getting a 99-rated De Bruyne and a 95-rated Trent.
The rest of TOTW 43: not good.
- GK: Gianluigi Donnarumma - 88 OVR (AC Milan)
- RB: Trent Alexander-Arnold - 95 OVR (Liverpool)
- CB: Chris Smalling - 85 OVR (AS Roma)
- LB: Elseid Hysaj - 83 OVR (Napoli)
- CM: Yves Bissouma - 81 OVR (Brighton & Hove Albion)
- LM: Musa Barrow - 81 OVR (Bologna)
- CAM: Kevin De Bruyne - 99 OVR (Manchester City)
- CAM: Maximiliano Moralez - 81 OVR (New York City)
- ST: Ciro Immobile - 92 OVR (Lazio)
- ST: Romelu Lukaku - 89 OVR (Internazionale)
- ST: André-Pierre Gignac - 85 OVR (Tigres)
- GK: Harun Tekin - 81 OVR (Fenerbahçe)
- LB: Diego Rico - 80 OVR (Bournemouth)
- CM: Seko Fofana - 81 OVR (Udinese)
- LM: Kenta Nishizawa - 79 OVR (Shimizu S-Pulse)
- RW: Mason Mount - 84 OVR (Chelsea)
- ST: Yū Kobayashi - 81 OVR (Kawasaki Frontale)
- ST: Marouane Fellaini - 81 OVR (Shandong Luneng)
- CB: Gustav Henriksson - 71 OVR (Elfsborg)
- LB: Adrian Pereira - 68 OVR (Viking)
- RM: Connor Mahoney - 76 OVR (Millwall)
- ST: Bengali-Fodé Koita - 78 OVR (Kasımpaşa)
- ST: Kemal Ademi - 75 OVR (Basel)
The best news surrounding TOTW 43 is that it is the last one of the season. These teams we've been getting since the return of football have been so subpar that you could be forgiven for not even noticing they existed. Good thing is another promo is on the way. FUT Pre-Season has what TOTW lacked recently - at least some items of any worth.