Buffs, nerfs and beyond
The Apex Legends Lost Treasures patch notes
The Lost Treasures Collection event has officially kicked off in Apex Legends. Along with it are some sweet sweet patch notes. Let’s take a look.
We’ve already had a preview of all the features coming with the latest event in Apex Legends. Lost Treasures brought a new limited-time mode (armed and dangerous evolved), a town takeover, exclusive rewards, and more. Feel free to read all about it here.
Today we’ll take a look at the balance changes that came along with the new event. Without further ado let’s get into it.
- Combat Revive now replaces Combat Medic.
- Deploy D.O.C to revive teammates. D.O.C. will deploy a shield and revive Lifeline’s teammate, leaving Lifeline free to defend or revive someone else.
- This fully replaces Lifeline’s old passive, including Fast Heal
- Lifeline’s Tactical cooldown is now 45 seconds (was 60 seconds).
- Lifeline’s Care Package now contains more items
- Care Package will contain 3x more small healing items, when it decides to spawn small healing items
- Care Package will contain 2x more attachments, when it decides to spawn attachments
Lifeline’s passive gets reworked as D.O.C can now revive teammates, but her increased speed when using items is gone. On the bright side, her D.O.C gets its cooldown reduced by 15 seconds so that’s more drone usage than before. Last but not least her ultimate gets a higher number of healing items and attachments.
- Upon activation, Stim will remove movement impairing effects.
- Stim sprinting speed is increased by 10%
- Players can now double jump in mid-air after using Octane’s Launch Pad
- Players can change direction easily from the double jump.
Octane finally got the buffs everyone was asking for. With the increase to Stim, his extra movement speed now hits 40%. In addition, he’ll also remove slows when using it. His ultimate gets a nice tweak as players can now double jump after using a launchpad.
- Will now cancel: Pathfinder mid-grapple/Wraith mid-Phase Walk attempt (before Phase Walk activates)
- Will now prevent: Mirage cloaked revive/Mirage decoy control activation/Lifeline combat revive
- Range removed on Death Totem
Revenant gets better at disrupting his opponents and Death Totem no longer has range. That’s about it. It’d be nice to see more people pick the ruthless assassin.
- Deploying Hack (Crypto’s Drone) now takes 1.5 seconds (from 2.5 seconds)
- EMP will now disable Wattson’s Pylons.
Crypto got a town takeover and just like we expected he also received some buffs. Deploying the drone is now a second faster and EMP can disable Wattson’s Pylons, so he’s now a total counter to campers. We hoped it’d b e more than that, but hey it’s better than nothing.
- Burglar’s Best Friend will no longer be intercepted by Watton's Interception Pylon.
- Black Market Boutique (ultimate) will now only pick up 1 stack of ammo (rather than 1 stack + the amount that was required to fill whatever partial stack you had in your inventory).
- Ultimate Accelerants now give 20% ult charge (up from 17.5%).
Loba’s in a good position since her release and we doubt Respawn will be adjusting her any further anytime soon.
- You can now hold the tactical button, and release to auto-control decoys
- Decoys will now say lines when shot
- When cloaked, Mirage’s holo emitters will be visible to players that are less than 5 meters away
- Skydive will now create decoys for the entire squad when skydiving when still diving with your squad.
- Fast Heal granted inside the Dome Shield, slowed down: 25% faster -> 15% faster
Gibby gets a slight nerf as the extra speed goes down from 25% to 15% when inside the dome. Considering Lifeline entirely lost her passive it’s only fair.
- Enemies can cancel Caustic’s barrel by shooting it before it is fully inflated.
A nerf to Caustic? We don’t know why but it’s here.
The intent of these changes is to create openings where enemies can breach Wattson positions. It is still possible for Wattson players to hold a position with a trophy indefinitely, but that should come at the cost of using Ultimate Accelerants.
- Wattson’s Pylons now last for 90 seconds
- Wattson can now have up to 3 pylons out at a time
- Wattson can stack 2 Ultimate accelerants per inventory slot
Fear not, Wattson players can still stack Pylons forever, it’ll just require some accelerants to do so.
Increasing Wraith’s tactical cooldown has proven to be ineffective at curbing her exceedingly high win rate and kill rate. These changes are meant to disincentivize Wraith players from using Phase Walk as a “get out of jail free” card, and move it into more of a repositioning and scouting ability.
- Phase Walk now takes 1.25 seconds to enable (was 0.4 seconds). During this time, Wraith will receive a 20% move slow
- This does not affect Phase Walk while placing a Phase Portal
- While in Phase Walk, Wraith now gets a 30% move speed boost
- While in Phase Walk, Wraith can now see other players while in the Void.
- Phase Walk now lasts 4 seconds (from 3 seconds)
- Phase walk cooldown is now down to 25 (from 35 seconds)
- Decreased distance for portal placement by 25%.
They keep nerfing her but she’s still getting picked, what are Respawn even supposed to do at this point? Phase Walk takes over a second to cast now so it’s less of a panic button. On the plus side duration and movement speed get increased and you can see enemies while voidrunning.
- Greatly increased horizontal recoil in the initial shots of a burst
Decreased magazine size from 32 to 28.
The Havoc was pretty got but not great and now it just won’t be worth it.
- Rechamber time 1.75 -> 1.6
- Energize duration 90 -> 120
Despite getting some buffs the Sentinel will remain the second-best sniper rifle in the game. After all the Longbow has Skullpiercer this season.
- A cooldown will be applied to re-grabbing Ziplines without touching the ground
- The cooldown will increase with each time a player disconnects and re-grabs the zipline
- The cooldown will reset when the player touches the ground
A nice little change which makes sure players don’t zipline until the end of times.
That’s it for the most important changes in the patch. If you’re interested in the full notes, feel free to check EA’s official website.
There's also the recent dev stream which delves further behind all the changes we've listed. Be warned though the audio quality isn't great.