EA Sports found a substitute for Team of the Week
TOTW suspended, new Moments packs to replace it
As of this week, EA Sports are suspending the regular FIFA 20 Team of the Week packs. The publisher was forced into the decision by the coronavirus outbreak and the cancelation of all major footballing events as a result of it.
Exit TOTW, enter TOTW Moments
EA Sports needed to act quickly if they were to find a replacement for the coveted Team of the Week series. Which, in all honesty, resulted in the not too creative substitute dubbed Team of the Week Moments.
What these new packs are in their core, is a replica of an already existing TOTW from previous iterations of FIFA with upgraded team affiliations and overall ratings. The team part is clear, right? A Barcelona player from a FIFA 17 TOTW that is now in, say PSG (a completely random example), will now have the PSG badge next to his name.
As for the overalls, they will be adjusted to the players’ “FIFA 20 Ultimate Team upgrade path”, aka EA will try to keep the overalls grounded in 2020 and not the year the original TOTW was released.
The teams chosen will be from the exact week we are at currently, only from previous years. The first pick is the FIFA 18 TOTW that came out this week two years ago.
The first Team of the Week Moments squad looks like this:
- GK: Kasper Schmeichel – 86 OVR (Leicester City)
- CB: Mathijs De Ligt – 88 OVR (Juventus/Piemonte Calcio)
- CB: Kyle Walker – 87 OVR (Manchester City)
- CB: João Miranda – 85 OVR (Jiangsu Suning)
- LWB: David Alaba – 86 OVR (Bayern München)
- CM: Paulinho – 86 OVR (Guangzhou Evergrande)
- CM: Andrés Iniesta – 85 OVR (Vissel Kobe)
- LM: Ricardo Quaresma – 84 OVR (Kasımpaşa)
- CAM: James Rordíguez – 86 OVR (Real Madrid)
- LW: Marko Arnautović – 86 OVR (Shanghai SIPG)
- CF: Gareth Bale – 86 OVR (Real Madrid)
- · GK: Yasser Al-Mosailem – 76 OVR (Al-Ahli)
- · LWB: Sead Kolašinac – 82 OVR (Arsenal)
- · LWB: Bryan Oviedo – 77 OVR (FC Copenhagen)
- · CM: Jesse Lingard – 84 OVR (Manchester United)
- · RW: Miguel Layún – 81 OVR (Monterrey)
- · CAM: Vincent Aboubakar – 82 OVR (Porto)
- · ST: Bradley Wright-Phillips – 81 OVR (Los Angeles FC)
- · ST: Ola Kamara – 81 OVR (D.C. United)
- · ST: Marc McNulty – 76 OVR (Hibernian)
The community reaction to FIFA 20 Team of the Week Moments has been far from warm after the first few hours of release. Then again, the FIFA community is rarely warm towards anything, so take that as you will.
As with regular TOTWs, this new format will be available in the FIFA store for a limited time. Prepare the points and coins for some old school action!