TOTSSF will go on until June
Team of the Season So Far released, TOTW Moments on hold
Team of the Season is, naturally, an eagerly awaited event in the FUT calendar. With player cards made for the best performers throughout the football season, you could see why. This year is a little bit different thanks to the coronavirus and thus instead of TOTS we got Team of the Season… So Far. Let’s see who made it!
Different name, same content, sort of
Despite the title change, the content remains largely the same. The only difference is that due to the football season being cut short by the worldwide pandemic, we’ll receive the TOTS goods earlier.
There will be 16 teams in total during this year’s TOTS festivities, starting with the English Football League and the Community Team, followed in the coming weeks by TOTSSF squads from:
- English Premier League.
- German Bundesliga
- Spanish La Liga
- Italian Serie A
- French League 1
- Saudi Pro League
- Turkish Süper Lig
- Portuguese Super League
- Dutch Eredivisie
- Chinese Super League
- Major League Soccer
- Rest of the World
- Ultimate TOTSSF
All of the TOTSSF info can be found on ea.com.
For now, EA Sports are only teasing us with the EFL squad, which comprises of players from the lower English divisions. There are still some impressive cards on there for what it’s worth, but surely the best is yet to come.
The Community Team is a different kind of beverage. Voted on by the FIFA fandom, this roster will probably be among the very best on the TOTSSF calendar.
Let’s not stall any longer and present you with the first Teams of the Season So Far.
EPL Team of the Season So Far
- GK: Marek Rodák – 86 OVR (Fulham)
- RWB: Randell Williams – 86 OVR (Exeter City)
- CB: Semi Ajayi – 87 OVR (West Bromwich Albion)
- CB: Michael Ihiekwe – 85 OVR (Rotherham United)
- CDM: Kalvin Philips – 92 OVR (Leeds United)
- CM: John Swift – 87 OVR (Reading)
- CAM: Matheus Pereira – 91 OVR (West Bromwich Albion)
- CAM: Eberechi Eze – 88 OVR (Queens Park Rangers)
- LW: Saïd Benrahma – 89 OVR (Brentford)
- ST: Aleksandar Mitrović – 92 OVR (Fulham)
- ST: Eoin Doyle – 87 OVR (Swindon Town)
- GK: Alexander Palmer – 83 OVR (Plymouth Argyle)
- RWB: Fankaty Dabo – 84 OVR (Coventry City)
- RB: Matthew Cash – 85 OVR (Nottingham Forest)
- CB: Charles Goode – 84 OVR (Northampton Town)
- LB: Joe Jacobson – 85 OVR (Wycombe Wanderers)
- CDM: Ben Whiteman – 84 OVR (Doncaster Rovers)
- LM: Ronan Curtis – 85 OVR (Portsmouth)
- RW: James Henry – 84 OVR (Oxford United)
- LW: Charles Kirk – 83 OVR (Crewe Alexandra)
Community Team of the Season So Far
- GK: Thibaut Courtois – 93 OVR (Real Madrid)
- CB: Gerard Piqué – 93 OVR (Barcelona)
- CB: Diego Godín – 93 OVR (Inter Milan)
- CB: Joe Gomez – 93 OVR (Liverpool)
- CDM: Sergio Busquets – 93 OVR (Barcelona)
- CDM: Casemiro – 92 OVR (Real Madrid)
- CDM: Fernandinho – 91 OVR (Manchester City)
- CM: Thiago Alcántara – 93 OVR (Bayern München)
- LM: Felipe Anderson – 92 OVR (West Ham United)
- CAM: Julian Brandt – 90 OVR (Borussia Dortmund)
- CF: Wilfried Zaha – 92 OVR (Crystal Palace)
- GK: Péter Gulácsi – 89 OVR (RasenBallsport Leipzig)
- GK: Bernd Leno – 88 OVR (Arsenal)
- CB: Nordi Mukiele – 89 OVR (RasenBallsport Leipzig)
- CB: Pepe – 88 OVR (Porto)
- LB: Alejandro Grimaldo – 89 OVR (Benfica)
- CDM: Lucas Leiva – 88 OVR (Lazio)
- CM: Rodrigo Bentancur – 88 OVR (Juventus/Piemonte Calcio)
- LM: Moses Simon – 88 OVR (Nantes)
- ST: Moussa Dembélé – 89 OVR (Olympique Lyonnais)
Striker Mauro Icardi (90 OVR) of Paris Saint-Germain is available as a Community Team SBC. The prize for the challenge is around 145,000 coins. Marcus Thuram (89 OVR) of Borussia Mönchengladbach and Peterborough United’s Ivan Toney (88 OVR) are available as Objectives.
The end of TOTW Moments
The weekly release of Team of the Season So Far marks the doom of Team of the Week Moments. The format that replaced regular TOTWs had been going on for the past six weeks but will be put on hold until the end of TOTSSF.
Either TOTW Moments or TOTW will make a return on June 10, depending on whether any of the major football leagues have resumed play. If you’re getting nostalgic about TOTW Moments already, you can always go back and look at the 97-rated Messi card from last week.