With Rocket League's Summer Roadtrip Event well underway, the latest LTM to join the fray is 3v3 Dropshot Rumble. What is the Rocket League 3v3 Dropshot Rumble LTM, and why is it the best limited time mode to join the Summer Roadtrip Event so far?
Rocket League's Summer Roadtrip Event is trundling along in great fashion, bring fantastic limited time modes and vehicle bundles to Rocket League. Last week it was the Knight Rider, and Beach Ball 2v2, but this week? Well, this week we've got a new Back to the Future Bundle, featuring the DeLorean, and – most importantly! – the 3v3 Dropshot Rumble Mode in Rocket League! Let's dive in.
Are you enjoying the Summer Roadtrip Event? The 3v3 Dropshot Rumble LTM ain't all we've got to enjoy. We've also had some pretty fabulous bundles and LTMs! Here are a few things you've missed out on, and what's to come...
- Rocket League Summer Road Trip Is Bringing Back Some Classics!
- Rocket League Knight Rider K.I.T.T: Hitbox, Release Date, & Details
- What is Beach Ball 2v2 in Rocket League?
What is Rocket League's 3v3 Dropshot Rumble LTM?
3v3 Dropshot Rumble is a combination of both Rocket League's Dropshot and Rumble modes. More or less, Dropshot Rumble tasks players with breaking hexagonal floor panels (instead of scoring goals) whilst using the power-ups that come with the standard Rumble mode. Once you have destroyed the floor panels, you need to score goals between the gaps in your opponent's floor.
There are three ball phases in Dropshot Rumble. Each ball phase increases the damage that the ball will cause when it smashes floor panels. In addition, the second and third phases are activated after player's Battle-Cars collide multiple times. The ball also gets more powerful the longer it stays off the ground. Rocket League's 3v3 Dropshot Rumble LTM is pretty fantastic, because you can combine this awesome new way of playing Rocket League, with the cool power-ups from Rumble.
It's time for Summer 2021! Hit the road and get ready for LTMs, 2XP Weekends, and the return of Rocket League classics in the Item Shop throughout July! #SummerRoadtriphttps://t.co/dIchYVBOyX pic.twitter.com/ygQnSqa7Af— Rocket League (@RocketLeague) June 23, 2021
What Power-ups are in Rocket League's 3v3 Dropshot Rumble LTM?
- The Boot (Kick an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Opponent gets constant boost)
- Freezer (Freeze the ball)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you toward the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball with a plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Allows you to hit everything harder and demolish opponents on contact)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Changes positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud)
For more details on Rocket League's 3v3 Dropshot Rumble LTM, check out the official breakdowns for Rumble and Dropshot. Keep in mind that this game mode is only available until July 19, so get in quick, and have a hell of a fun time!
- Intel World Open Brings Rocket League to the Olympics: Schedule & Results
- The Grand Slam Goal Explosion is Back in the Rocket League Item Store!
- Rocket League Crab Rave: Best Monstercat 10 Year Player Anthem?