Rocket League Update 2.04 is boosting into our games, carrying with it a number of highly-anticipated changes. As revealed in the Rocket League Update 2.04 Patch Notes, we have received major changes to Voice Chat, as well as fixes for the PS5 120 FPS Bug. Let's take a look at the Rocket League Update 2.04 Patch Notes...
It has been a good long while since people started reporting the PS5 120 FPS Bug. It has been even longer since people started complaining about Rocket League's voice chat. Let's be real: that's no surprise, it's completely broken. Luckily for everyone, Psyonix have finally pulled their heads out of their asses, and addressed these issues in Rocket League Update 2.04...
What is Rocket League Update 2.04?
Rocket League Update 2.04 introduces fixes for the PS5 120 FPS Bug, as well as changes to Voice Chat. Due to changes in Update 2.04, players can now play at 4K with 120 FPS without HDR, and at 4K with 60 FPS with HDR on PS5. Changes have been implemented to streamline the quality of playing Rocket League at higher resolutions. Keep in mind, though, that if you want to play with HDR, 120Hz has to be turned off.
Players have been complaining about the broken Voice Chat system in Rocket League for a while now. In Rocket League Update 2.04, Psyonix have temporarily removed voice chat. They are currently working on what they have termed as an "improved, more comprehensive voice chat system" for Rocket League. This is exciting news for all of us whom struggle with Rocket League's current voice chat system.
Rocket League Update 2.04's Patch Notes finally reveal fixes for the 120FPS Bug and the ongoing problems with Rocket League's Voice Chat. Last week, Update 2.03 also made a number of changes...
Rocket League Update 2.04 Release Date
Rocket League Update 2.04 released on September 14, 2021. In other words, today's update is already out and ready to rock 'n roll, after it blessed our screens at 4PM PT / 11PM UTC. You can download it already, so get on with it: dive right-on-in. Enjoy!
Rocket League Update 2.03 Platforms
- Epic Games Store
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series X|S
Rocket League v2.04 is now LIVE on all platforms! Today's update includes 120 FPS support on the PS5, and temporarily removes voice chat from the game client on all platforms.— Rocket League Status (@RL_Status) September 14, 2021
Patch Notes: https://t.co/D7bQbXKJbh
Rocket League Update 2.04 Patch Notes
Rocket League Update 2.04: Changes & Updates
- We are temporarily removing voice chat with v2.04. As many of our players know, the current voice chat system is not up to modern standards, making it difficult to use in a fast-paced game environment. We’re also aware that some players experience performance issues when using in-game voice chat -- some sort of mid-match lag or service disruption -- and we do not want voice chat to hinder quality of play.
- Earlier this summer, we said that we are working on bringing an improved, more comprehensive voice chat system to Rocket League. We are on track to bring voice chat back to the game in early 2022. We’ll share more details once we’re closer to voice chat making a sick comeback next year.
PlayStation 5 120 FPS Support
- [PlayStation 5] Fixed a bug preventing 120 FPS support on the PS5
- Players on PS5 can now play at:
- 4K at 120 FPS without HDR
- 4K at 60 FPS with HDR
- To play at 120 FPS, compatible hardware (HDMI 2.1-capable 4K/120 Hz display, HDMI 2.1 cable) is required
- 120 FPS support also requires the appropriate video settings on your console. To change your Video Quality Settings on your PlayStation 5:
- Go to Settings from the PlayStation 5 Home Screen
- Select Screen and Video
- Select Video Output
- Set Enable 120 Hz Output to Automatic
- HDR is disabled in Rocket League when 120 Hz is enabled. Rocket League will output at 4K at 60 FPS with HDR if Enable 120 Hz Output is set to Off.
Keep in mind that this collection of Rocket League Update 2.04 Patch Notes are taken from Rocket League's official website. Head on over there for more detailed information, and also to report issues to Psyonix.
- What's in the Rocket League Item Shop Today?
- Rocket League Esports Team Ghost Gaming Welcome RollDizz and Shock
- How to Fix the Call Limit Reached Error in Rocket League
Welcome to EarlyGame, your one-stop-shop for everything Esports and Gaming. Check out MyEarlyGame for an exclusive and customizable experience, and to become part of the EarlyGame family. Get engaged on Twitter and Facebook.