Psyonix has released a limited time variation of the classic Rumble mode for Rocket League, this time with more power-up options. Rocket League Tactical Rumble is a new mode that will only be available for a short time, but is a whole lot of fun. Let's take a look at Rocket League Tactical Rumble, what it involves, how to play, and when it is available.
More modes in Rocket League? Hell yes! It might be a limited-time mode, it might be a bit sad to say goodbye in a few days, but Rocket League Tactical Rumble is a whole lot of fun. We're here to help you get started, we're here to explain the power-up cooldowns, and we're here to let you know when sadness will appear in your life. In other words, when Rocket League Tactical Rumble is going away. Let's dive in.
Before we make you laugh, smile, frown, and cry, we should make sure you're all up-to-date on Rocket League. If not, here's a few articles to help you get started...
- Rocket League Stuck Camera Glitch Fixed in Update 1.98
- McLaren 570S Returning to Rocket League: Pack Contents, Release Date & Details
- Rocket League DLC Goes Cross-Platform: Get Your DLC Everywhere!
What is Rocket League Tactical Rumble?
Rocket League Tactical Rumble is a 3v3 Rumble game but with three chosen power-ups instead of one random power-up. In standard Rumble, you have one random power-up, but here you have three to choose from. Thus, each power-up has a cooldown period that will reset once you have used it. Each power-up has a different cooldown time based on its power and usefulness. With all of these elements combined, Rocket League Tactical Rumble becomes a pretty insane and fun variation of Rocket league.
What are the Rocket League Tactical Rumble Power-Up Cooldowns?
- 10-Second Cooldown
- Tornado: Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud.
- Car Swapper: Change positions on the field with your opponent.
- Disruptor: Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably.
- 15-Second Cooldown
- Power Hitter: Allows you to hit the ball harder and demo opponents on contact.
- Grappling Hook: Pulls you towards the ball.
- The Boot: Kicks an opponent's car.
- 20-Second Cooldown
- Magnetizer: Attracts the ball to your car.
- Freezer: Freezes the ball in-place.
- 25-Second Cooldown
- Plunger: Grabs the ball via plunger and cord.
- Haymaker: Punches the ball with great force.
- Spikes: Attach the ball to your car.
When is Rocket League Tactical Rumble Available?
Rocket League Tactical Rumble is available from June 3 until June 7. That's an insanely short period of time, and we can assure you that you will want more. What can you do, though? Not much... but play the hell out of Rocket League Tactical Rumble before it runs away, before it disappears and never comes back. I'm joking. It will probably reappear at some point. It's that good. I'm off to play more of it. I'll eat a pizza whilst I do it. So should you.
- What is the Rocket League Mantis: Item Details, Decals, & More
- RLCS X Championships Preview: When, How to Watch & Champions
- Rocket League McLaren 570S Hitbox, Items, Decals, & Details