All the pros use the Flip Reset in Rocket League. It keeps you in the air for ages, keeps you moving fast, and it looks awesome, so why wouldn't they? Well, we want to be that awesome, and we want you to be too. That's why we're taking a look at how to do the Flip Reset in Rocket League!
The thing is, we haven't looked at a new skill in a few days, so it's certainly time to jump in. Unlike our last couple of tip articles, we haven't produced a sweet-ass video for the Flip Reset yet. Emphasis on "yet" though, because we're sure that we'll have a beautiful video for you sometime soon! Stay tuned...
What is a Flip Reset in Rocket League?
A Flip Reset is when you place all four of your wheels on a surface to re-gain a flip mid-flight. A car has two jumps, your standard jump, and the second is a flip. The thing is, you have to land before you can jump again after the flip... unless you know how to Flip Reset. It's one of the most difficult mechanics in the game, but once you can pull it off, the Flip Reset is absolute perfection.
You need to practice them, though, as Yukeo says:
Free-play, Training Packs, and, of course, in real situations. First understand the mechanic, then practice it until you get somewhat consistent, and then try to use them in games.
How Do You Flip Reset in Rocket League?
- Run the ball up the wall, moving your car onto the wall as well.
- Hit the ball and immediately jump.
- Fly directly towards the ball, apply enough boost to get your speed up and reach the ball.
- Make sure you have enough momentum to receive the flip.
- Adjust the car, so that all four wheels will hit the ball.
- Boost towards the ball, but stop boosting just before you hit the ball so that you can plant all four wheels on the ball.
- Once all four wheels have hit the ball, you have flip reset and can jump again.
- Multiply these to hit the ball multiple times.
- Control the ball, and become a Rocket League God.
Here's a nice little guide for you, if you are too lazy to read and want to see the Flip Reset in action:
Why and When Should I Flip Reset in Rocket League?
You should go for a Flip Reset whenever you get the chance, as it is an insanely powerful way to own at Rocket League. If you want to be awesome, if you want to win, then Flip Reset – but remember to coordinate with your team. It can be insanely confusing, and really throw off your team if not done clearly and on target.
Any time the opponent gives you enough space to go for one... Flip resets keep the opponent guessing, which is always good.
Make sure that you have enough space to do a Flip Reset, if you don't, then don't try to complete one, and instead pass the ball or use a different tactic. The benefits of a Flip Reset, though, are unbelievable. They are hard to read, they look flashy, and they are the perfect way to score yourself a pretty flashy goal. Have fun!
- Rocket League Pelé O Rei Items Return
- Guild Esports Beats Aether to Win RLCS EU Spring Regional Grand Final
- Titanium White Fennec On Sale in Rocket League Item Shop