We all know the situation: you're comfortably playing a game, having fun, and suddenly an annoying error message comes up and destroys everything. This happens again and again in Rocket League with Error 42. What is Error 42 in Rocket League and how do you fix it? We'll show you!
What is Error 42 in Rocket League?
An error related to the message "Game connection interrupted", which prevents users from connecting to the game servers. This means that there is a problem with your internet connection. Of course, this sucks, so we are here to show you how to fix Error 42 in Rocket League.
How Do I Fix Error 42 in Rocket League?
To fix Rocket League Error 42, there are several ways to check your internet connection and your connection to the game's servers.
- First of all, we recommend that you make sure that your internet connection is stable enough. Sounds obvious? Can never be said often enough, though.
- You should also restart your router and see if that helps. Another option is to use a direct cable connection, enable port forwarding or use Google's public DNS.
- If the problem is still not solved, we recommend that you check if there is a problem with the game server.
- For PC users, we also recommend adding an exception for Windows Firewall and updating the Internet IP.
- Make sure that you synchronize your system clock with the game's server's clock, and clear the game server's cache.
- If you are a PS4 or Xbox user, also remember to check the status of the servers.
- Switch users can additionally install the game on the system's internal storage, rather than on an SD card, and try to get better WLAN frequency. Also, adjust the MTU settings.
- Rocket League: Octane & Fennec Hitbox Type Explained
- Rocket League Tips: How To Wave Dash
- Top 5 Best Fennec Decals in Rocket League