Feast or famine
Reyna is the new agent coming to Valorant
Valorant servers are down, but not for long. The game will spring back to life tomorrow, June 2, and a new agent will enter the field – Reyna.
In the closed beta, players had the chance of trying out ten of the agents. With the official release of Valorant, the game will get a new map, Ascent, a new game mode, a new agent, and much more. Hopefully, there’ll also be a fix for some of the issues we’ve mentioned in previous articles.
Today we take a look at the latest agent to join the Valorant field – Reyna. Rumors of her came back in May and many people expected a vampire-themed agent. Riot Games partially fulfilled that rumor not only with some of her abilities but also her overall look.
The full list of her abilities is as follows:
- Ability 1 – Cast an orb that blinds enemies in the vicinity. The orb can be seen and destroyed by enemies.
- Ability 2 – Reyna can heal by collecting Soul Orbs, which drop when killing enemies. The orbs only last for a limited time.
- Signature ability – Reyna becomes temporarily invulnerable to incoming damage. (You need Soul Orbs to activate it)
- Ultimate – Temporary increases rate of fire, reload times, and ability usage. (Reportedly while her ultimate lasts, she can also make allies invulnerable with her signature)
Reyna’s kit is definitely interesting and stands out from the rest of the roster. She’s the first agent to rely on killing enemies in order to be efficient. As Morello describes her she’s “feast or famine”. Players who prefer a more aggressive playstyle will feel right at home with Reyna, while campers won’t have much use for her.
Becoming invulnerable will be a great way to gather info and bait enemies into revealing their positions. Note that she won’t be able to shoot while invulnerable. On the other hand, she seems to dependent on Soul Orbs, and players will quickly learn as time passes by. Guarding the corpse of a fallen teammate could be a good strategy to prevent her from getting an advantage. Reyna might turn out to be the best duelist in Valorant as she’ll be able to regenerate to full health and shields after a kill. This will force players to finish her off or she may remain a threat for the remainder of the round. The scariest part might turn out to be her ultimate as it'll probably be a Stim Pack on drugs which will turn her into a killing machine.
- READ MORE: Auto-bans are coming to Valorant on June 2
Until we see her in action though it’s hard to tell how efficient she’ll be. Valorant’s launch is set for tomorrow when we’ll have a better idea of Reyna and her repertoire. Stay tuned for more Valorant updates and make sure to check out EarlyGame for everything esports and gaming.