Overwatch Patch 2.93 - Sigma Finally Wears Shoes
Sigma's Maestro Challange arrives, Overwatch Cities and Countries are now available, and more quality of life changes come to Overwatch.
Overwatch has focused heavily on the quality of life changes recently. Completely redesigning the look and overall experience of the Career Profile page, Overwatch has now made it a more streamlined and smoother experience for player navigation. Patch 2.93 has a new challenge to complete, new sprays to unlock, and much more. Let us dance into this discussion. Music Maestro!
Sigma's Maestro Challenge
Overwatch players can experience something truly horrifying in patch 2.93, as Sigma is finally able to wear a pair of shoes. Sigma has shoes in his Talon skin, but we are assuming those were provided for him. This skin pays homage to a lot of his voice lines in-game, and we could not be happier seeing him with some hair. Or is that a wig.
- READ MORE: Is Overwatch killing the Overwatch League?
From July 14 - 27, 2020, you can play, watch, and earn epic rewards in Sigma’s symphony, which includes the Maestro Sigma skin. So, how do you unlock this mad musical maestro?
- Win 3 games = Maestro Player Icon.
- Win 6 games = Legendary Sigma Maestro Emote.
- Win 9 games = Legendary Maestro Sigma Skin.
Note: Wins must be in Quick Play, Competitive Play, and Arcade.
The Maestro Sigma skin is very well done, especially for a free legendary skin. It would be great if Overwatch-themed this skin around another skin-line, and they would all play in tune with Sigma. Bowtie Winston, anyone?
- READ MORE: What is Overwatch?
Enough about playing Overwatch though, what about watching it. Well, logging into Twitch and watching participating streamers will bag you some very cute Overwatch sprays. How do you earn them?
- Watch 2 hours = Sigma - Maestro Spray.
- Watch 4 hours = Moira - Fiddle and Symmetra - Sitar Spray.
- Watch 6 hours = Lucio - Bossa Nova, Mei - Guzheng, and Orisa - Djembe Sprays.
Those watch times will keep even the most hardcore Overwatch fan occupied for 6 hours. We highly recommend completing this challenge, especially for the free legendary skin. Overwatch has previously created these types of events before, but its always a welcome addition for our skin collections.
Overwatch Cities & Countries
Overwatch has released a rather interesting music album for players! Overwatch: Cities & Countries features the themes of Overwatch maps and missions. The 42 min album has 24 tracks and makes the Sigma event that more special! You can experience the Cities & Countries album on several streaming platforms. Now you can take Overwatch wherever you go! A nice touch, Blizzard. Our favorite has to be Rialto.
Several changes to the Career Profile arrive, to provide a better, streamlined experience to the user. Should you not look at the Career Profile all that often, here are the changes Overwatch has made!
- Game mode playtime has been added to the overview section, so you can see exactly how much time you’ve spent in modes like Competitive Play or any of the community’s creative Workshop modes.
- Statistics are displayed in a tabular format, separated by “Average/10 min”, “Best”, “Total”, providing a cleaner, more readable view.
- In-game achievements are grouped by category and can be filtered by what you’ve earned and have yet to unlock.
- Player Icons are now grouped by category and can be filtered by hero and owned status.
There is no denying that this Career Profile overhaul has made the experience looking so much cleaner! What do you think of the brand new look? Head on over to our Facebook page, and let us know your thoughts.
Overwatch has bugs, so here is the list of squashed bugs for the heroes in patch 2.93:
- Fixed a bug where the Viper can clip through the camera if Ashe is jumping and firing while aiming down her sights.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Doomfist to scale a wall in Junkertown when using an emote.
- Fixed a bug where D.Va’s Micro Missiles were not being affected by damage boost abilities.
- Fixed a bug with the Deflect sound effect not matching the duration of the ability.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Genji to take projectile damage during a Deflect if too close to an enemy.
- Fixed a bug with Sonic Arrow not giving vision through walls when deflected by Genji.
- Fixed a bug where Wrecking Ball could use Grappling Claw without transitioning into ball form.
- Fixed a bug with Minefield where some mines could become stuck inside terrain on Temple of Anubis.
Overwatch patch 2.93 has a lot of quality of life fixes, a new Career Profile page, and some much-needed fixes, especially to Wrecking Ball. We love the Sigma Maestro Challange, and feel its a tune we can all dance to. Curtain call, please! You have been a wonderful audience reading this patch note discussion, now go get that skin.
What are your thoughts on this latest patch? For a full list of additional changes, be sure to check out the official Overwatch Patch 2.93 notes.