Premier draft options and bug fixes
MTGA: 1.07 Patch Notes
Today, Wizards of the Coast made several adjustments to MTG Arena following the release of Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths.
MTGA's 1.07 Patch 1.07 offers some good changes: An adjustment to the matchmaking and the Opening Hand algorithm, along with several bug fixes tied to new IKO cards.
1.07 Patch Notes
Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths Premier Draft
Adapted Ranked matchmaking for the Premier Draft:
"As some of you may have noticed, there were certain scenarios where you were being matched against somebody with a much higher (or lower) Rank than yours – this should address that issue. Regardless, players were still being properly matched on their current W/L record (Ranked draft formats use both your rank and your win/loss record when searching for an opponent).
Adjustments to the Opening Hand algorithm
We intend for best-of-one formats to use a modified opening-hand algorithm which pulls multiple potential opening hands and chooses one; Premier Draft was operating contrary to that, and we have fixed it accordingly,” WotCsaid
- "Searching for updates" should take less time now
- Autotap and Smart Stops now recognize when certain modal spells (e.g. Thassa's intervention) can cast one mode but not the other.
- Sideboarding a designated Companion into your mainboard during best-of-three matches should now function correctly.
- Lurrus of the Dream-Den now correctly handles X values in converted mana costs (For spells with X in their mana costs, use the value chosen for X to determine the spell’s converted mana cost. For example, if a permanent spell costs xWhite, you could cast it with X as 1 but not as 2).
- Jubilant Skybonder’s cost increase now functions correctly when there are multiple instances of this card on the battlefield.
- Players can now appropriately select cards from their graveyard with Mausoleum Secrets.
- Setting Zirda, the Dawnwaker as your Companion will no longer cause the game to crash if you have cards with the Ascend keyword ability in your deck.
- Mythos of Brokkos should no longer bring back non-permanents from the graveyard to your hand if cast with no permanents in your graveyard.
- Mutated creatures are now counted as one creature for Settle the Wreckage, as they should be (702.139c of the Comprehensive Rules, if you're curious).
- A mutated Cavalier of Thorns should no longer be able to target "itself" if you chose to exile it when it dies.
For more news, tips & tricks check the MTGA section on EarlyGame.