Is it time to squish civilians in GTA VI?
GTA VI Rumors: Rounding Up Everything We Know
GTA VI seems to be on the horizon, with many rumors and leaks circling about what the game could entail. There is gossip abound regarding the game's potential setting, its characters, and what its open world might involve and look like. Not much is known but, hey, that's why we're here!
The San Andreas sun is beating down on GTA V, nearly 8 years after its launch. Who doesn't remember that feeling: a new GTA... this is a historical moment. As is every release by Rockstar Games, a studio that seemingly can do no wrong. Why wouldn't we be hyped?
Rockstar Games even hit the target with their side games. L.A. Noire was a fantastic and inventive title, and who doesn't love Bully? These facts in themselves make it clear why everyone is endlessly talking about the next entry in the studio's signature franchise. Our adventure with Michael, Trevor and Franklin ended far too long ago - it's time for more curb-stomping fun.
That was quite a dark joke, we know, but we don't really mind. GTA VI will have plenty of that, we are sure. Not a game for kids, folks, never has been, and never will be. Anyway, though, recent revelations have revealed even more cool s**t for the game, so we thought maybe we should do a quick roundup!
Before we begin, though, we do want to send our best wishes to actor Ned Luke, who was recently diagnosed with Covid-19. His portrayal of Michael in GTA V was fantastic, and we wish him a speedy and full recovery.
Leaks, Leaks, Leaks, Leaks, Leaks...
So many leaks, so many leaks, leaks, leaks, leaks, leaks, leaks, leaks. Try singing that, bet you'll get stuck. It may have been hot-cross buns, actually. But just like hot-cross buns, some of these juicy details are delectable, buttery, and full of Vitamin C. Well, with some of this crazy new technology, it may as well be Vitamin C.
Rockstar Games have patented a new NPC technology designed to (quote incoming) create “a realistic virtual world that is not limited by hardware and software limitations”. From recent leaks on Reddit of new Rockstar-developed applications and systems, the key takeaway is massive innovation in vehicle behavior and logic.
Hopefully a far-cry from those awful vehicle mechanics in Cyberpunk 2077 (and probable already far more polished than that monstrosity), this new technology may have just come as a leak, but the most important thing to note is that it allows NPC's to define their own routes and characteristics on the road. This is crazy s**t. Truly next-gen.
So, What Else Can We Nerd Out Over?
It's GTA, so not really a nerd game. But, we digress, and here are some of the coolest things coming to GTA VI. Let's start with what has actually been confirmed:
- GTA VI is definitely in development and will be a single-player experience.
- GTA VI will feature a female protagonist for the first time in the series’ history.
- The game will take place in Vice City, as many rumors and leaks have suggested.
- The game will be mainly set in South America, however, with players traveling between South American locations and Vice City.
Oof, it hurts to know so little. But, let's be real, this game's a ways off. We imagine at least a few years, but yes, we are excited anyway! There was no dedicated PS4 or Xbox One GTA game, with those versions of GTA V being the best versions (outside of the PC), but not exclusive to those platforms.
Thus, a PS5 or Xbox Series X Grand Theft Auto is something that we are unbelievably excited for. That leads us to speculate: what could be coming, but is not confirmed?
- The game could feature an in-game clock to help you plan every hour and minute of your in-game day!
- GTA VI could be launching in 2022, but nothing has been confirmed.
- GTA VI could be set in the 1980s! Pretty awesome!
- We could have environmental destruction (to an extent, of course) in a similar vein to the Battlefield games.
- GTA IV could be coming to next-gen, with the Bully 2 development team now cancelled.
Yeah, okay, we know that last one was a bit of a cop out... Shut up. We are excited okay? Who could not be hyped for a new Grand Theft Auto!? Everyone even vaguely connected to the industry knows that Rockstar delivers top-notch quality, and after the catastrophic s**tstorm that was Cyberpunk 2077, god knows do we need quality at the moment...
Want to only see the video game news you're most interested in? Want to personalize your gaming news feed? Then check out our brand new MyEarlyGame!
- Football Week in Fortnite: Pelé Cup, New Emote & Outfits
- Apex Legends Season 8 Mayhem: Date, Trailer & New Legend Revealed
- FIFA 21 Headliners: All Players, Cards & SBCs at a Glance
- Fortnite Streamers Assemble! Ninja, TheGrefg, & Lachlan Form Squad for Icon Stream