Since Cyberpunk 2077's disastrous launch on December 10, CD Projekt RED has introduced a number of hotfixes to try and address the various problems facing the game. It was revealed in last week's apology video that Patch 1.1 should be on its way in the coming weeks, but what can we expect once it arrives?
Not much is known about the specific details of Patch 1.1, with CD Projekt RED (CDPR) remaining tight-lipped on its exact contents, we are made to speculate about what will be fixed. The biggest question on all of our minds is: Will Cyberpunk 2077 finally be playable on console?
The previous patch now launched close to a month ago, on December 23. Patch 1.06 was a relatively minor update, and a relatively major disappointment for gamers, two weeks after the buggy launch of Cyberpunk 2077. The Patch notes were as follows:
Hotfix 1.06 Patch Notes
- Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.
- Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.
- Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.
There were also a multitude of fixes for Google Stadia, which we will not list, but you can access the full Patch notes here.
Keep in mind that Patch 1.05 was an extensive fix that brought a lot of stability improvements to Cyberpunk 2077, including gameplay, visual, and quest bug fixes. We were happy with the improvements, considering it released very shortly after the game's launch.
However, Patch 1.06 was launched on December 23, and Patch 1.05 launched on December 20. As of writing, it is January 19, and we are still yet to receive the next significant fix to Cyberpunk 2077, and we don't have a specific release date yet either.
NOW is the time to actually buy cyberpunk, while the bugs are still hot and hilarious, not refund it! cherish this pic.twitter.com/CSEmyKmrQl— Gene Park, CEO of Pizza Butt (@GenePark) December 17, 2020
But What Can We Expect From Patch 1.1?
Okay, so let's jump in! There are no patch notes available yet, so we can only speculate. This is what we anticipate, and what we hope will be included:
- A focus on last-gen consoles: The PS4 and Xbox One editions of Cyberpunk 2077 are now famous for being buggy as all buggery (heh). The focus better be on fixing this, because this is where most players play right now, and where most of the anger comes from. No more hard-crashes, elimination of most bugs, graphical improvements and performance betterments better (heh again) be in store for us.
- No more hard-crashes: Hard-crashes are not acceptable in any game, no matter the platform. Cyberpunk needs to run without crashing to desktop on PC, or without the need to reboot your console.
- Performance: Less than 30 frames per second is not okay, even on the PS4 and Xbox One. There are plenty of beautiful games that run better than that, and this needs to be fixed as soon as humanly possible.
- Bug Fixes: It might be funny, and we sure as hell enjoyed watching all the bug-memes online, but why the f**k has this not been addressed more? Some of these are insane, and feel like you are playing bloody Day One: Gary's Incident (sorry about this insanely old, and very niche reference, context is below...)!
This is what we expect from Patch 1.1. It is important to note that this will be followed by another update in the weeks following, so perhaps not everything will be fixed. But by the end of these two patches, Cyberpunk 2077 really should be running full-steam ahead. This debacle is getting tiresome, hopefully, we can jump into the game soon, and be able to play it to its full potential!
Want to only see the video game news you're most interested in? Want to personalize your gaming news feed? Then check out our brand new MyEarlyGame!
- Skyrim Mod Enderal Makers Working on a Whole New Game
- FIFA 21 Gonzalo Higuaín Player Moments SBC Solution
- Cyberpunk 2077's E3 2018 Demo Was Not Fake, According to CDPR
- How to Access the Free Zombies Week in Black Ops Cold War
For more gaming and esports news, stick to EarlyGame. What are you expecting from Patch 1.1? Will you be returning to Cyberpunk 2077? Let us know on Discord! Also get engaged through our Twitter and Facebook, and check out our YouTube channel!