How many skins will Riot publish in 2021? Which champions will receive new skins? And what will happen to the prestige skins? In this article, we will give you the answers to all those questions and many more. This is everything we know about League of Legends skins in 2021.
Skins are certainly one of the reasons why League of Legends is so popular. The fancy cosmetics are an integral part of the League of Legends monetization model, so it doesn't come as a surprise that we know quite a bit about the upcoming LoL skins of 2021.
How Many Skins Will LoL Get in 2021?
Riot employee Jonathan ‘Bellissimoh’ Belliss confirmed that the company is aiming to create about 140 skins in 2021. In 2020, we got just short of 140 LoL skins and fortunately they are much better than these skins from the early days. They talked about their goals regarding skins in the following video.
What Skins Were Already Released in 2021?
- KEEP READING: LoL Lore: Cho'Gath, the Terror of the Void
In 2021, we've already got quite a few skins. With the Sentinel & Ruined skins and the new Dawnbringer and Nightbringer skins included that makes 122 skins as of the writing of this article. This means, there are almost 50 more skins coming our way. If that doesn’t make you happy, then I don’t know. Here is a list of all the skins we've got so far:
- Space Groove: Lux, Blitzcrank, Nasus, Nunu & Willump, Rumble, Samira, Lulu, Prestige Lulu, Gwen
- Battle Academia: Caitlyn, Garen, Wukong, Yone, Leona, Prestige Leona
- Bees: Bee’Maw, Beezahar, Yuubee
- Crystal/Withererd Rose: Swain, Zyra, Syndra, Talon
- Lunar Beast: Alistar, Annie, Aphelios, Darius, Jarvan IV, Viego, Fiora, Prestige Fiora
- Shan Hai: Cho’Gath, Jhin, Nautilus, Neeko
- Ruined: Draven, Karma, Shyvana, Pantheon, Prestige Pantheon, Miss Fortune
- Unbound: Thresh
- Marauder/Warden: Kalista, Kled, Xin Zhao, Gragas, Quinn
- Sentinel: Irelia, Diana, Olaf, Riven, Vayne, Pyke, Graves, Rengar
- Astronaut: Corki, Maokai, Rammus, Veigar
- Pool Party: Braum, Sett
- PROJECT: Mordekaiser, Renekton, Sejuani, Senna, Sylas, Varus, Prestige Zed, Prestige Sylas
- Arcana: Camille, Lucian, Tahm Kench, Xerath
- Blackfrost: Sion, Vel'Koz
- Dragon Guardian/Dragonslayer: Galio, Kayle, Twitch
- Cyberpop: Akshan
- Eclipse (Universe)/ Coven: Ashe, Ahri, Evelynn, Cassiopeia, Warwick, Malphite
- Crime City Nightmare: Akali, Shaco, Twisted Fate, Darius, Zyra
- Phoenix: Xayah, Anivia, Seraphine
- Pentakill III Lost Chapter: Kayle, Sona, Olaf, Mordekaiser, Yorick, Karthus
- Dissonance of Pentakill: Viego
- Hextech: Tristana
- Dawnbringer: Vex, Yone, Morgana
- Nightbringer: Kayn, Lillia, Tryndamere, Prestige Kayn
- Championship: Jarvan IV
- Bewitching: Fiora, Yuumi, Syndra, Poppy, Nami, Morgana Prestige Edition
- Dragonmancer: Yasuo (2), Kai'Sa, Karma, Thresh, Volibear, Volibear Prestige Edition
With the release of the Dawnbringer and Nightbringer skins, we now have a whopping 1.271 unique League of Legends Skins. That includes prestige skins and skins that can't be obtained any more like Young Ryze or Black Alistar.
What Champions Will Get Skins in 2021?
In the video above, you could see an extensive list of champions that'll get a skin this year. Most of them have already received their cosmetics, but some haven't received their skin. You can expect new skins for the following champions:
Wow... does that mean Fiddle will get 50 new skins? Please, Riot. Make it happen.
What Themes Will the 2021 LoL Skins Have?
We have seen star guardians, project skins, and so on and so forth. This year we will also see at least two big batches of themed skins which we know, because for 2021 Riot let the community choose their favorite skin theme out of three given topics. This is how the players voted:
- Crime City Nightmare: 34.4%
- Debonair 2.0: 36.1%
- Monster Tamers: 29.5%
LoL Patch 11.17 has arrived and all 5 Crime City Nightmare skins are released. Since a lot of fans also voted for Debonair 2.0 Riot decided to make this skin line also a reality this year and should be released in the fourth quarter of the year. I mean we already got a preview of Monster Tamer Janna, Debonair Malzahar.
What Will Happen to Prestige Skins in 2021?
- KEEP READING: LoL Patch 11.17 Preview
2021 will see the retirement of prestige points as a currency. Don’t worry though, your 2020 prestige points have been prolonged, and according to Riot you can use them until the halfway point of 2021.
Shortly before the mid-year update occurs, we'll open another Prestige Point Shop2020 Event Prestige skins will once again become available for 100 Prestige Points, without border or icon. 2021 Event Prestige skins will also be available for 100 Prestige Points, without border or icon. Other content will be available for Prestige Points.
Which Champions Will Get a Prestige Skin in 2021?
A total of 12 prestige skins were announced for 2021:
- Lunar Beast Fiora (Event Prestige)
- Battle Academia Leona (Prestige Points)
- Space Groove Lulu (Event Prestige)
- Conqueror Jax (Prestige Points).
- PROJECT: Sylas (Event Prestige)
- Ascended Pantheon (Event Prestige)
- PROJECT: Zed for a previously released skin (Prestige Points).
- Coven LeBlanc for a previously released skin (Event Prestige)
- Nightbringer Kayne (Event Prestige)
- Duality Dragon Volibear (Event Prestige)
- Brand (Event Prestige)
- Bewitched Morgana (Prestige Points)
This concludes our overview of everything we know about League of Legends skins in 2021. What champions do you want new skins for and what is your favorite skin theme of all time? Tell us on Discord!