In a week's time LoL Patch 11.9 will drop and with it, we are going to get some exciting new LoL skins from the 2020 LoL World Champions as well as champion updates and item changes. Of course, these changes will most likely be focused on the pro-scene since this is the patch that will be used at MSI.
In a tweet, Mark Yetter explained that most of the champions and items they looked into for LoL Patch 11.9 would affect the pro scene, while also taking into account some outliers in Solo Queue.
- MORE LOL CONTENT: LoL: Champion Roadmap for 2021
11.9 Patch Preview with the tentative changes:— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) April 20, 2021
While doing the Hecarim nerfs we wanted to shift his power so that tank build has notably less damage (but still tanky) making room for a viable damage build. pic.twitter.com/sAWqdqoAXF
Which Champions Are Being Buffed in LoL Patch 11.9?
- READ MORE: Best Mid Laners in LoL Patch 11.8
There are quite a few champions who are receiving buffs. Some are head-scratchers, such as Lulu, but there are others who are in desperate need of some love from Riot like Trundle. Here is the complete list of champions getting buffed in LoL Patch 11.9:
- Kindred - Since Pyosik won’t be at MSI, it seems that Kindred is allowed to get a buff for the event. Her Q cooldown is being decreased, while her Q damage is getting increased.
- Shen - Shen's ultimate shield is getting some new stats, going from 175/350/525 (+135% AP) to 120/310/500 (17.5% bHP) (+135% AP). This might make him a very sought-after pick at MSI.
- Xerath - The Xerath buffs are great with increased damage to both his Q and his W. Unfortunately, his lack of roaming potential and reliance on the whole team will probably keep him from being picked at MSI.
- Kog’Maw - Of course, Kog’Maw is getting a buff along with his visual effect update. With this update, his E mana cost is going to be reduced, making those of you who enjoy AP Kog a little happier.
- Taric - His Q mana cost is being decreased for LoL Patch 11.9, but this really doesn't do anything for his early game, which is where Taric is lacking.
- Lulu - Lulu is going to be a top-tier pro play pick for MSI 2021. Mark our words. After these buffs, she is going to be top tier – even though she already is. Her most obnoxious ability is going to be used a lot more often thanks to the cooldown decrease. You get Polymorphed! You get Polymorphed! Everyone gets Polymorphed!
- Trundle - The Trundle buff to his E, increasing the slow, is going to be great for those of you who want to gank lane. Nobody is going to be able to escape!
- Kayn (Rhaast) - In this case Red-Kayn, Rhaast, is going to be more powerful after this buff, dealing much more damage with his Q in this coming patch, with an increase of 65% total AD +5% (+4%/100%) enemy max HP. He will be cutting through opponents like butter.
- Sett - The health which is stored by his grit that's dealt as damage will now scale with his bonus AD, which means that if you're looking to play full tank Sett nothing changed, but juggernaut Sett is going to pop off.
Which Champions Are Being Nerfed in LoL Patch 11.9?
- KEEP READING: Riot Games Are Working on a LoL Cinematic Universe
Ten champions are on the prospective nerf list for LoL Patch 11.9. Quite a few champions we’ve just seen on the buff list in LoL Patch 11.8 are now being nerfed. Guess Riot overshot on some champions last week and are reeling back a little this time around.
- Hecarim - Hecarim is getting nerfed to hell and back in LoL Patch 11.9. His Q bonus damage per rampage is lowered from 5% to 2% (+1% per 33 AD). There is more though. His W base healing is lowered as well and his E maximum damage is also lowered. Overall, Hecarim will just not be as strong, especially early on, since a lot of scaling has been added into the kit.
- Morgana - Morgana jungle has just been insane, which is why her W damage to monsters has to be dialed back in LoL Patch 11.9.
- Diana - She is going to be a bit more squishy with less armor per level as well as HP regen. Not to mention the bonus attack speed which is being nerfed from 20 - 40% to 15 - 40%.
- Dr. Mundo - Mundo got a change to be more useful in the top lane during the Patch 11.8 update. He was a bit too tanky and is therefore getting his armor per level, as well as AD per level, decreased from 3.5 to 3.
- Rumble (mid) - Passive overheated magic damage is being decreased, which won't play much of a role for those of you who enjoy playing him in the jungle, but it will have an effect on top and mid Rumble.
- Vlad - This one is a simple cooldown increase to his Q. Nothing much to say really.
- Jinx (Bug Fix) - Jinx rockets have been dialed back just a bit. Instead of 200% crit, they now do 175% and splash targets.
- Gragas - Not much has changed for Gragas with the nerf. His E damage has been decreased in later levels, which means he will be a bit less powerful in the late game, but other than that, he is still a decent pick.
- Heimerdinger - The damage on his W is being nerfed and just... why? He isn't a popular pick and W is the ability to max out first on Heimer...
- Garen - This nerf to his W is going to make him less of a threat in low elo. He will take longer to become an unkillable tank and won't have much of an effect on higher elos and pro play.
What Items Are Being Buffed and Nerfed in LoL Patch 11.9?
Four items are on the buff list for LoL Patch 11.9 and two on the nerf list. Moonstone Renewer is going to heal a bit more with the buff which will probably mean that enchanters are the go-to supports during the Mid-Season Invitational.
Wits End is getting a change in build patch and some added AD while Death’s Dance is getting some more AD and Armour. The final Item to get a Buff is Sunfire Aegis for junglers, since the immolate monster damage is being increased from 100% to 150%.
- MORE LOL CONTENT: Best Ahri Skins
Turbo Chemtank is going to have some of its attack speed reduced in LoL Patch 11.9 while Deadman’s Plate will give 100 less health in the coming patch. RIP Tanks.
When is the LoL Patch 11.9 Release Date?
LoL Patch 11.9 will release on April 28th. Only one more week to go for you to enjoy LoL Patch 11.8... if you are enjoying it, that is. Once we have more info on LoL Patch 11.9, we will update this article, so make sure you come back for more!
You're sick and tired of seeing all these Bunker codes and want to curate what you see on EarlyGame? Well, don't worry we've got just the thing for you! Sign up for MyEarlyGame and you can choose what content you want to see! No more annoying Bunker articles for you!