LoL Patch 11.19 is going to be the patch the 2021 World Championship is going to be played on. Riot has a lot in store for us before then though, since LoL Patch 11.18 is essentially also part of the Worlds Patch, as the balance team wants to make all champions viable in the pro scene.
This means that multiple buffs and nerfs are heading our way and the biggest ones are already in LoL Patch 11.18, so the balance team can iron out any kinks before the biggest esports event of the year takes place.
More information on the 2021 World Championship:
- Akshan Disabled for Worlds 2021
- LoL Worlds 2021: Location, Time & More
- Worlds 2021 will probably come to Iceland!
Which Champions Are Getting Nerfed in LoL Patch 11.18?
Ten champions are currently on the nerf list for LoL Patch 11.18. These are champions that have seen a lot of pro play or are just too strong in solo queue, hence why they will be getting reeled in a little before the big competition.
- Aphelios - Base AD lowered from 57 to 55.
- Ashe - W cooldown elongated from 14 - 4 to 18 - 4.
- Camille - Passive cooldown changed from 16/13/10 to 20/15/10.
- Jayce - Passive duration changed from 1.25 seconds to 0.5.
- Kalista - Ultimate knock-up duration 1.5 - 2 seconds changed to 1 - 2 seconds.
- Lee Sin - Base AD nerfed from 70 to 68.
- Renekton - His W stun was reduced to 1 second and the animation time was also reduced to make up for it.
- Thresh - Base movement speed lowered to 330 and his E maximum bonus magic damage was changed from 100 - 200%AD (+1 per Soul) to 80 - 200% (+1.5 per Soul).
- Trundle (support) - E slow changed from 32 - 60% to 30 - 46%.
- Varus - His passive non-champ attack speed changed from flat out 20% to 10 - 20% (by level 1, 7, 13). Also, his base AD was lowered from 61 to 59.
Changing the Jayce nerf. Reverted -2 AD.— Jeevun Sidhu (@JeevunSidhu) September 1, 2021
Now: Passive duration 1.25s >>> 0.5s.
This was a tough one. We felt like the previous nerf was too impactful for all players, which was not desirable. Instead we're targeting his ability to evade ganks, which is fairly pro skewed. https://t.co/Q4HyiAwKJQ
Which Champions Are Getting Buffed in LoL Patch 11.18?
According to a previous post by Riot Games, champions that have barely seen any play in pro in years will be getting quite a few bigger buffs to make them more popular in pro play. Therefore, these changes will already be applied in LoL Patch 11.18, so the balance team can assess the changes made and make a few tweaks in LoL Patch 11.19 accordingly.
- We also know that Riot is working on something big for Rengar in the upcoming patch!
Currently, there seem to be 23 champions on the buff list for LoL Patch 11.18. As mentioned though, Riot is working hard, so these changes won’t affect solo queue too much, but rather have an impact on pro play instead.
- Dr. Mundo - His ultimate lets him gain 15/20/25% of missing HP as bonus HP and heals 20/40/60% of max HP over 10 seconds. His Q max damage to monsters was buffed from 300 - 500 to 350 - 650.
- Draven - If the damage of "Whirling Death" leaves an enemy's health below Draven's current League of Draven stacks, he executes them.
- Gangplank - Base HP increased from 540 to 570 and Hp per level also increased.
- Jinx - Q mana cost lowered from flat out 20 to 16 - 20.
- Kai’Sa - E cooldown lowered from 16 - 12 to 16 - 10.
- Karma - Armor increased from 26 to 28. Her E shield also strengthened from 80 - 260 to 90 - 270.
- Kog’Maw (AP) - E damage AP ratio increased to 70%.
- Miss Fortune - Her R waves were increased from 12 - 16 to 14 - 18.
- Morgana - Her E cooldown has been lowered from 26 - 18 to 24 - 16.
- Singed - Ultimate causes all damage to apply Grievous Wounds.
- Soraka - Her W will heal 100/130/160/190/220 instead of 100/135/170/205/240 and her ultimate will clear Grievous Wounds on allies before applying the heal.
- Taliyah - Q casts on Worked Ground refund 50% of cooldown. The radius of Worked Ground has been changed to 300 and the duration changed to 25 seconds.
- Twitch - Ultimate AD changed from 30 - 60 to 40 - 70.
- Urgot - Q cooldown changed from 13 - 8 seconds to 10 - 8 seconds. Mana cost also decreased to 70.
- Yone - W shielding per champion hit changed from 25% to 50%.
- Yuumi - Passive cooldown changed from 18 - 6 second to 14 - 6 seconds.
- Zed (Jungle) - Contempt for the Weak deals 100% damage against monsters.
- Zoe - E cooldown changed from 20 - 14 seconds to 16 - 12.
Correction:— Jeevun Sidhu (@JeevunSidhu) August 30, 2021
Healing 100 / 135 / 170 / 205 / 240 >>> 100 /130 / 160 / 190 / 220
Removes Grievous Wounds on allies before healing them. https://t.co/tiy7Yk3DfC
Champion Adjustments in LoL Patch 11.18
A few champions that had been on the buff list just yesterday are getting slight adjustments instead, since they weren't weak champions to begin with. Instead, they are getting their kit adjusted to fit into the pro meta and therefore might become viable picks at the 2021 World Championship.
- Fizz - His passive damage reduction increased to 8 + 2%AP against champions basic attacks. W on-hit damage changed from 10 - 30 to 20 - 40. His ultimate also got some adjustments.
- Guppy Damage: 150 - 350 +80%AP changed to 160 - 300 +70%AP
- Chomper Damage: 225 - 425 +100%AP changed to 200 - 350 +85%AP
- Gigalodon Damage: 300 - 500 +120%AP changed to 250 - 400 +100%AP
- Qiyana - Base Attack speed changed from .625 to .688 and base HP regen lowered from 1.8 to 4.5. Q now deals 25% bonus damage to monsters and E damage has been changed from 60 -180 to 50 - 170.
- Lillia (Jungle) - Her attack speed and attack speed ratio will be changed from .625 to .640. Her passive large monster healing will change from 18 - 94 to 34 - 101 and base health regen will go from 1.5 to 1.1.
- Rumble - Passive attack speed changed from 50% to 20 - 80% scaling based on level. W cooldown changed to flat out 6 seconds.
- Talon (Jungle) - Q base damage lowered from 65 - 165 to 65 - 145. His W deals 50% bonus damage against monsters.
System Updates in LoL Patch 11.18
Two system updates are coming to LoL Patch 11.18 with Predator and Umbral Glaive getting buffed in the next patch.
When we have all the details about the first half of the 2021 World Championship patch, we will make sure to update this article, so check back tomorrow for all details!
Vex Release Date Announced!
No, unfortunately Vex is not coming with patch 11.18. But we don't have to wait too much longer! LoL Patch 11.18 has been released and Worlds Patch 11.19 is already in the starting blocks. And with it on September 22nd comes Vex, for whom we had to wait so long!