LoL Patch 11.16 is set to come out in two weeks' time, but even though we have a long way to go and quite a long wait, we’ve already got some information on the upcoming Nerfs and Buffs which will be hitting Summoner’s Rift.
The long time between patches is due to a short break Rioters are taking on August 2nd. According to Riot, this is done to disconnect and recharge. Hopefully, we will get balanced patches after the break – and maybe even Vex.
11.16 Full Preview is here!— Jeevun Sidhu (@JeevunSidhu) July 27, 2021
Again, reminder that this patch will hit live 1 week later than normal. pic.twitter.com/NS4aHZG0QY
Which Champions Are Being Nerfed in LoL Patch 11.16?
Seven champions have caught the Riot dev team’s attention and will be hit with nerfs. These over performers will be dialed back in the coming two weeks and, hopefully, make the meta a little more bearable. Tahm Kench top lane has been quite a menace, and we’ve seen enough Lulu and Xin Zhao on our top 5 tier lists.
Here is a list of all the upcoming champions who will be nerfed in LoL Patch 11.16:
- Diana - Her passive damage to monsters will be decreased from 300% to 250%.
- Fiora - Her E cooldown will be elongated from 11-5 seconds to 11-7.
- Lee Sin - The W omnivamp will be lowered from 10 - 30% to 5 - 25%.
- Lulu - Both her W and R are getting elongated cooldowns in LoL Patch 11.16.
- Tahm Kench - His passive damage will be lowered and his Q healing as well.
- Xin Zhao - Xin's base AD will be lowered from 66 to 63.
- Ziggs - The Patch 11.14 mana changes will be reverted and his E damage and slow will be lowered as well.
Which Champions Are Getting Buffed in LoL Patch 11.16?
Seven champions are being buffed in the upcoming patch as well. Maokai might be a surprise since he is quite good, but due to him shifting to support rather than top lane, Riot wants to make some changes to make the giant tree a little better in that position as well.
- This is how you play the newest champion – Akshan!
Here is a list of all the upcoming champions who will be buffed in LoL Patch 11.16:
- Jarvan IV - His passive current HP damage will be increased from 8% to 10% as well as his bonus AD ratio.
- Jhin - His W damage is getting a buff in LoL Patch 11.16 as well as the minimum damage AD ratio.
- Maokai - His passive heal will be increased. Also, his E damage is getting an increase but his AP ratio per 100 AP will get a slight hit.
- Nunu - Nunu will zoom through the jungle even quicker with a movement speed buff. He will also chomp harder with a damage increase to his E.
- Shaco - Shaco needs some bug fixes from the changes in LoL Patch 11.15.
- Sivir - Her W AD ratio will be increased from 30 -70% to 30 - 90%.
- Vladimir - His passive will grant each point of AP 1.6 HP. Also, 1 additional AP will be granted per 30 bonus HP.
System Updates in LoL Patch 11.16
Dark Seal will be getting a slight nerf in LoL Patch 11.16 with AP per stack being lowered, while Redemption is on the receiving end of a buff with a healing increase and a cooldown decrease. The other system change to Fleet Footwork will be pushed back to another patch.
Regarding Sona PBE feedback:— Jeevun Sidhu (@JeevunSidhu) July 27, 2021
We care about how players are responding to the changes, and we've seen a fair amount of sentiment that this is a nerf.
From my perspective, I suspect that some people are undervaluing some of the specifics.
Sona Rework in LoL Patch 11.16
Sona is getting a rework in LoL Patch 11.16. Jeevun Sidhu, the current lead game designer on the Summoner’s Rift team, explained that they will continue to monitor her stats on PBE and that they will revert some changes made to her ultimate ability haste, which players had complained about in the rework.
- These are the best mid laners of the current meta.
There will be more changes to come to her kit until LoL Patch 11.16 goes live. Hopefully, Sona gets some love, and we see her played more often in our games.
When will LoL Patch 11.16 be released?
According to the League of Legends patch schedule, LoL Patch 11.16 is set to be released on Wednesday, August 11th. The current patch – 11.15 – will be a three-week patch, due to the break the balance team at Riot is getting at the beginning of August.