League of Legends players, your time is now! Patch 10.16 has dropped, and there are so many champion buffs! Find out the best bits from 10.16, let's get right into it.
We've covered Yasuo's fallen brother, Yone, in previous articles. So, you'll be happy to know, Yone will be joining Summoner's Rift in patch 10.16, blades and all. Following the fast release of Lillia, who long seems forgotten at this point, Yone's kit brings some new creativity towards his playstyle. We've got a video going into all the details for you:
You can expect to see what will be the last of the Spirit Blossom skins, with Spirit Blossom Riven, Spirit Blossom Cassiopeia, Spirit Blossom Ahri, Spirit Blossom Kindred, and Spirit Blossom Yone being available on August 6th, 2020. If you need to know the best, we've got you covered.
- READ MORE: Top 5 Spirit Blossom Skins
An important note regarding future patches: Riot Games have confirmed a break with patch notes, which will mean that patch 10.17 will not happen. A much smaller patch might be issued, but assume the next patch will be patch 10.18.
Patch 10.16 saw a lot of champions buffed, so take your time to read these changes, as some are much larger than others.
- Akali: Q base damage increased. E damage type changed.
- Evelynn: Q cooldown decreased; hitting a monster no longer refunds 50% of its cooldown.
- Fiora: Q cooldown decreased; on-hit cooldown reduction decreased.
- Hecarim: E bonus movement speed increased over time.
- Jax: E cooldown decreased.
- Jhin: Passive final shot critical damage against structures increased.
- Jinx: R bonus damage now uncapped.
- Lucian: Q damage increased. R total shots fired increased.
- Miss Fortune: Base attack damage increased.
- Morgana: Q cooldown decreased.
- Neeko: Q damage increased; bloom damage increased.
- Rakan: R bonus movement speed increased.
- Skarner: Q total damage ratio increased; cost decreased.
- Tristana: E now deals 1% increased damage per 3% critical strike chance.
- Veigar: Base magic resist increased.
- Yasuo: Base magic resist increased. R base damage increased later.
- Ziggs: Passive bonus damage ratio now flat; maximum damage to structures increased.
Well, that's a large Sett of champions buffed this patch. See what I did there? Alright, fine.
League of Legends and Riot Games are seemingly buffing more champions at the moment to begin to ramp up champion pool diversity for major upcoming esports events, Worlds 2020, etc. With the confirmation of when and where Worlds will take place this year, its no doubt Riot wants to start introducing more champions early, to balance more in the process.
With this many champions buffed for 10.16, including Yasuo, you've got a great selection of champions to pick. Keep your eye on Evelynn this patch, because she could become quite the flexible pick soon. We can't just ignore Lucian buffs as they are quite dramatic for the Marksman, having increased Q damage, and more shots fired from his ultimate means Lucian will pack a punch in patch 10.16.
Fewer champions nerfed this time around, but there are still plenty:
- Ashe: Q bonus attack speed decreased later.
- Bard: Base health decreased. W maximum heal decreased.
- Karma: Q cost now flat; cooldown increased.
- Karthus: Q damage ratio decreased.
- Kha'Zix: Q isolated target bonus damage decreased.
- Nautilus: W shield decreased.
- Nocturne: Passive cooldown increased; enemy champions and monsters on-hit cooldown refund increased.
- Sett: W base damage decreased later. E base damage decreased later.
- Syndra: Q base damage decreased later.
- Volibear: Q bonus movement speed decreased.
Wow, Aphelios didn't make the nerf list! I think that's a new record. These champion changes are no doubt tackling the pro players, but also bringing a state of calm to Summoner's Rift, especially where Volibear is concerned.
"Volibear is a rare beast that is relentlessly bringing the storm for our Average and Pro players. Reducing his mobility and scaling into late game."
Kha'Zix was a champion we said to keep your eye on for the previous patches. Overall he did too much bonus damage to isolated targets, allowing Kha'Zix to leap and bound around Summoner's Rift unchecked.
League of Legends has given us plenty to play with for patch 10.16! Be sure to keep an eye on Evelynn, and who could forget Yasuo being buffed this patch. For a full list of notes, be sure to check out the full patch notes, courtesy of Riot Games.