We had to wait a long time, now the LoL Nexus Blitz Mode is finally back in the Summoner's Rift. What is behind the new old Riot game mode? And, more importantly, what rewards can we get!
It was Riot Games' first (and only) experimental mode in League of Legends - and fans have been waiting for its return for years. Nexus Blitz went live in 2018 and has been promised ever since, but never returned. Now it starts with a map that is probably located in the Ionian Forest. There are also a lot of new rewards and events.
- READ MORE: Wild Rift: How to get into the Beta
Nexus Blitz Events
Some classic events have returned along with brand-new ones! Take a look at what you can do in Nexus Blitz:
- Bardle Royale (Classic): Fight for survival in the flaming circle of death while it closes in on a part of the map. The last surviving team wins.
- Bardle Royale (Paranoia): Fight for survival in the flaming circle BUT everyone is nearsighted, like you’re all being Nocturne ulted. The last surviving team wins.
- Bardle Royale (Juggernaut): Fight for survival in the flaming circle AND one random champion on each team gains a high amount of health and the On Fire! buff at the start of the event. (As a reminder, the On Fire! buff gives you bonus attack speed, adaptive power, and mana/energy regen, but makes you more vulnerable to damage). The last surviving team wins.
- URF Deathmatch: Every player goes into URF mode surrounded by a bunch of cheering minions! Defeat the enemy team in a best-of-three to win.
- Loot Teemo: A wandering Loot Teemo spawns randomly on the map. Hitting the Loot Teemo grants players gold. The team that last-hits Teemo wins the event.
- Loot Veigar: A wandering Loot Veigar spawns randomly on the map, using Dark Matter and Event Horizon while running away. Hitting the Loot Veigar grants players gold. The team that last-hits Veigar wins the event.
- Push the Cart (Classic): Escort the cart by standing near it to move it toward the nearest enemy structure to destroy it.
- Push the Cart (Attack / Defend): Race your opponents for who can blow up an enemy structure the fastest, except now both teams have a cart they can navigate!
- Prize Fight: Both teams square off in a series of rounds, paired in fights of 2v2 and 1v1
- King of the Hill: An area of the map is designated as "the hill". Hold the position and fend off the enemy team to claim victory.\Scuttle Racing: Two scuttles charge down a track (or scuttle down, I guess). One scuttle for each team, the first scuttle to reach the finish wins for their team!
- [NEW] Protect the Soraka: Two Soraka bots enter lane, but only one can leave (... cause one team is gonna destroy the other one). Beware of all the healing and bananas!
- [NEW] DPS Check: It’s like practice mode, but you need to out practice your opponent’s practice on the same Teemo dummy.
Nexus Blitz Rewards
It isn't an event without the loot, right? Well, in Nexus Blitz, Riot Games has plenty of rewards you'll be able to earn:
- Catapult of Champions: A cannon that launches your champion anywhere on the map appears in your base for the rest of the game. Upon landing, deal damage and push away nearby enemies.
- Blessing of Blitzcrank: Allied turrets, siege minions, and super minions have the ability to Rocket Grab nearby enemies for the rest of the game.
- Poro King: The Poro King spawns to aid your team in pushing forward and sieging enemy turrets, breathing fire on enemies, and healing nearby allies periodically.
- Battle Sled: Players can jump aboard a sled from their base to nearly anywhere on the map. First person in the sled is in charge of where you go…
- Guardian Angels: Each member of the team gains a one-time Guardian Angel effect, lasting 90 seconds.
- Statikk Shock: Each player gains chain lightning zaps on their basic attacks for three minutes to help mow down waves and champions.
- B.F. Shields: Each member of the team gains a hefty shield until it is broken.
- Cloud Soul: Team gets mega out-of-combat movement speed and CDR on their ultimate for three minutes.
- Ocean Soul: Restores health and mana/energy when dealing damage for three minutes.
- [NEW] Elder Dragon: You can now execute enemies under a specific health threshold for a few minutes by the force of a BIG DRAGON.
There are some interesting approaches to Nexus Blitz this time around, which has us more than excited! Let's hope the mode stays forever!
With all of these new events and rewards, you can be sure EarlyGame will be playing Nexus Blitz. Will you?