League of Legends to help with on-going COVID-19 crisis
LoL COVID-19 Charity Fundraiser Now Live
In a recent Developer video, New001 announces a COVID-19 Charity Fundraiser to support on-going relief efforts, with proceeds going to frontline healthcare workers. Here's what's new!
Support the cause
In a surprise announcement, League of Legends uploaded a video titled "COVID-19 Charity Fundraiser Announcement - League of Legends", with LoL lead producer New001, announcing a charity fundraiser which will go on for the next four weeks.
Riot Games has already donated over 4 million dollars to COVID-19 efforts, with additional esports partners doing 48-hour streams for charity, and much more. Reception to this announcement, of course, was met with huge positivity.
Play Safe Together LoL details
In brief, the event will:
- Have a selection of special content of which, 100% of the money spent will go towards the Riot Games Social Impact Fund, a non-profit fund. Riot Games will distribute the money earned directly to local non-profits in many communities around the world.
- Money raised will go towards families in desperate need of financial aid who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19.
Several items will go wards the donation effort, which are:
- Surgeon Shen skin
- Surgeon Shen chromas
- Surgeon Shen border and icon set
- Nurse Akali skin
- Nurse Akali chromas
- Nurse Akali border and icon set
- Kennen M.D. skin
- Kennen M.D. chromas
- Kennen M.D. border and icon set
- From Akali with Love! emote
- Megadonor bundle (includes all of the above plus an exclusive Megadonor icon)
Purchase any of these, and your support will directly help those in need.
This fundraiser event will run from June 25, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PT to July 23, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PT. After this time, the chromas emotes, and bundles will be removed from the store.
- READ MORE: Wild Rift: How to get into the Beta
We can all help out our local communities, even just a little. Let's raise an incredible amount of money, LoL players, so we can make an impact on those who really need help.