Even if online-only, the competitive Hearthstone season is going on and moving towards its climactic ending in this year’s Hearthstone Grandmasters World Championship. The top 8 players in the world will fight for their share of $500,000 on December 12-13.
This year is very different for esports, as it is for pretty much everything else. However, the show must go on! The grand tournament is set for December 12-13, starting at 8 a.m. PDT.
The handsome price pool of $500k will be shared as follows:
- 200k to the winner
- 100k to the runner-up
- 50k to the 3rd and 4th
- 25k to the rest, each
Who will be competing? Well, half of the competitors are already known, and the other four will have to fight their way through their respective gauntlets to make the cut. This will happen very soon - October 11 and November 15! The line-up goes like this:
- Brian "bloodyface" Eason – Grandmasters 2020 Season 1, Americas
- Sato “glory” Kenta – Grandmasters 2020 Season 1, Asia-Pacific
- Vladislav “SilverName” Sinotov – Grandmasters 2020 Season 1, Europe
- Fan “iG.Syf” Yilun – Gold Series, China
- The Americas champion, Grandmasters 2020 Season 2
- The Asia-Pacific champion, Grandmasters 2020 Season 2
- The Europe champion, Grandmasters 2020 Season 2
- The China Gold Series champion
This event, like all other competitive Blizzard shows, will be broadcasted live exclusively on YouTube. The complete schedule and brackets will be updated on the Hearthstone World Championship website once we know the names of all 8 competitors. We'll also keep you up to date with everything around this year's Hearthstone pro season and its exciting conclusion!