Due to DreamHack Montreal being postponed for 2021, the Hearthstone Masters Tour will move to an online-only format. Players all over the globe are eligible to sign in and compete. Those who get an invite will be able to compete for the massive purse of $3 million!
The change in plans is unable to surprise even the Kobolds living under the largest of rocks. Now is not exactly a great time for people to travel the world and gather in large numbers, even if it’s in the spirit of competition. That being said, the time is absolutely right fo a high-stakes online tournament!
The qualifiers for the Hearthstone Masters Tour Montreal have already begun. In order to get an invite, the players have to:
- Win one of 90 online Masters Qualifiers between June 4 and July 26 on Battlefy.
- Finish with at least a 7-2 record at Masters Tour Online: Jönköping and Masters Tour Online: Asia-Pacific.
- Place within the Top 8 of a Masters Qualifier for Masters Tour Online: Montreal 5 times.
- Place top 16 Legend on the in-game Ladder in the months of June and July (see official Masters Qualifiers rules for details).
- Be a Hearthstone Grandmaster.
Additionally, each region has a small number of invites reserved for champions who do well in local tournaments.
The qualifiers will be going on until July 26 and you can see the full schedule here.
Participating or cheering your favorite player on, make sure you stay home and stay safe. You don’t have to leave to get your Hearthstone news either - they’re right here on EarlyGame!