Hearthstone’s popular Inn-vitational tournament returns with its Outland edition, featuring some of the game’s most beloved pro players, streamers and content creators, as well as a hefty monetary prize.
My god, it's full of stars
Ashes of Outland brought tons of new content to Hearthstone and most notably the game’s 10th playable hero, the Demon Hunter. To celebrate, game maker Blizzard is throwing an exceptional esports event featuring some of the game’s most recognizable faces.
The extravaganza starts today, April 21, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PT and will be streamed live over Twitch and YouTube.
Unlike previous Inn-Vitationals, this one will feature a brand-new format dubbed Demon Hunter Duel-fest. Not to be confused with the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links program, as these two have nothing in common!
The format is structured like this:
- The tournament has two teams of great players - 10 fighting for the Feisty Friends and 10 for the Salty Satyrs
- The two teams play each other in 4 rounds of best-of-three games
- Every player represents one of Hearthstone’s 10 classes and uses it in the game
- On rounds 2 and 4 everybody plays Demon Hunter
- The winner of each b-o-3 earns points for their team.
- Winning a match earns a team 2 points.
- At the end of the round for, the team with the most points wins
What's at stake?
There are sweet rewards, too. The Outland Inn-Vitational has cash support of $100,000. Each member of the winning team will take home $6,500 and the losers will grab $3,500 each. To top that off, the 3 individual players with highest-scoring games will pocket an additional $1,000.
Players at home will also be rewarded for watching. The event will have Twitch drops enabled, so you can win some Ashes of Outland packs just for watching the games, as long as your Battle.net and Twitch accounts are linked together. Good luck!
For more Hearthstone esports, keep it right here, with EarlyGame!