The game is officially next gen
Operation Neon Dawn Brings Rainbow Six Siege to PS5 & Xbox Series X|S
Rainbow Six Siege's latest update brought with it a lot more than simple game upgrades and patches. It also brought the game officially to next-gen consoles. PS5 and Xbox Series X|S owners can now enjoy R6S the way it is meant to be played on these consoles.
Rainbow Six Siege has been one of the main video game titles of the past five years. Since its launch in 2015, the tactical shooter has gathered a huge following, which naturally prompted publishers Ubisoft to take R6S straight into the next generation of consoles.
Rainbow Six Siege Next-Gen Versions
Rainbow Six Siege's huge end-of-the-year Operation Neo Dawn was launched on December 1. It is no regular update though. I mean, it's not a regular update anyway, but it's made extra special by the game's official arrival to PS5 and Xbox Series X|S.
If you already have R6S on the respective console, the adjusted version will download automatically. What you will get is a true next gen experience:
- Performance Mode: Target 120 FPS with 4K Dynamic Resolution Scaling
- Resolution Mode: Target 60 FPS with 4K Resolution
- DualSense Support - Haptic feedback, adaptive trigger support, and controller speaker support have been added.
- Activities Support - Activity cards for Ranked, Unranked, Newcomer, Quick Match, and Events allow you to dive into the game faster.
Xbox Series X|S
- Performance Mode (Series X): Target 120 FPS with 4K Dynamic Resolution Scaling
- Resolution Mode (Series X): Target 60 FPS with 4K Resolution
- Performance Mode (Series S): Target 120 FPS with 1080p
- Resolution Mode (Series S): Target 60 FPS at 1728p
- Quick Resume - Enables you to switch between multiple titles and resume instantly from where you last left off.
The Performance-Resolution mode equation is simple. Performance mode sacrifices resolution for higher FPS and vice versa. Which one you play in is entirely reliant on your personal preferences.
For the Operation Neon Dawn patch notes themselves, check-in with Ubisoft's official website.