You can tame a wolf in Valheim and have him as a companion. How? Simple. We'll explain.
Yes, Valheim might not be as punishing as other survival games, but it's still not an easy game. The world is rough and if you're playing solo, you'll probably want help. More specifically, you'll want a wolf. Because - sadly - there are no cougars in the game, amirite?
Ok, sorry. Here's how to get your own wolf companion.
- READ MORE: How to Play Valheim On Mobile Right Now!
How to Tame Wolves in Valheim
Let's break this down into simple steps:
- Go to the mountains
- Build a pen with wooden stakewalls
- Leave a gap
- Construct a Platform on the inside of the stakewalls (use the wall floors) that you can jump to, but the wolf cant
- Build stairs on the outside to get over the stakes and inside the pen
- Make the wolf follow you inside the pen and close the gap from the ledge to lock it inside
- Feed it raw meat
Once the wolf likes you, it'll follow you on your adventures. Yay. Wolf friend.
You can also tame other animals in Valheim, following more or less the same formula. A huge part of the fun in Valheim is figuring things out on your own, but if you'd like us to write a guide on other animals, let us know which on Facebook.
Folks, let’s be real here: Nobody likes ads, everybody likes raffles and we all wanna feel special. Right? Sign up for MyEarlyGame and you get just that: No ads, the content you wanna see & a chance to win free stuff. No brainer, really.