Snorlax is more than just chill in Pokémon Unite: He can be a beast. If you want to main Snorlax in Pokémon Unite, but don't know how to play Snorlax, then we've got the Pokémon Unite guide you were looking for.
Pokémon Unite is here, and the hype is already through the roof. Everyone is dying to play the Pokémon 5v5 MOBA, and it's ranking high up on Twitch. Of, course we are just as hyped, so we'll be providing you with a lot of Pokémon Unite How-To guides.
Listen, we've got all the Pokémon Unite guides... need other Pokémon? Easy:
- How To Play Zeraora in Pokémon Unite
- How To Play Charizard in Pokémon Unite
- How To Play Greninja in Pokémon Unite
- How To Play Crustle in Pokémon Unite
- How To Play Pikachu in Pokémon Unite
How To Play Snorlax in Pokémon Unite
Snorlax Guide: Basics
Snorlax is, unsurprisingly, more of a defensive Pokémon. A tank, basically. Snorlax has maxed endurance and is not much of a quick damage dealer. Still, Snorlax has some melee power too and can deal heavy damage. If you complete the tutorial, you'll unlock Snorlax for free, so that's definitely worth doing if you favor a more... snorlaxing approach to Pokémon Unite.
Ideally, Snorlax supports his team by tanking the damage that they can't take.
- Offense: 1.5/5
- Endurance 5/5
- Mobility 2/5
- Scoring 1.5/5
- Support 2.5/5
Snorlax Guide: Unique Abilities
- Gluttony – Simple: The effects from berries are increased.
- Basic Attack – Every third attack is a boosted attack, which deals damage to and slows nearby opponents, if it hits.
Snorlax' basic attack is pretty strong, as it allows Snorlax to deal serious damage, while being unkillable due to his high endurance.
Snorlax Guide: Moves
- Tackle | 6s cooldown – You charge forward, belly-first, of course. Tackle deals damage if it hits and can be upgraded to Heavy Slam or Flail at level 6.
- Rest | 10s cooldown – Snorlax falls asleep and restores HP, while blocking the movement of all opposing Pokémon. At level 8, this can be upgraded into either Block or Yawn.
- Heavy Slam | 11s cooldown – A heavy slam that deals area damage and throws all opponents that are hit. The upgrade increases the damage.
- Flail | 6.5s cooldown – Snarlox essentially just flails like a fish out of water and increases his basic attack more and more, the lower the HP is. If upgraded, the damage is increased and basic attacks restore HP.
How to build: Since your game with Snorlax revolves around keeping your HP high, Flail is the way to go here – it goes a long way in making Snorlax unkillable.
- Block | 11s cooldown – Snorlax spreads his arms and creates a wall, while also granting a shield. Opposing Pokémon can't pass through the wall and are pushed back. The upgrade further reduces the damage Snorlax takes while using Block.
- Yawn | 12s cooldown – Snorlax yawns and puts opposing Pokémon to sleep, decreasing their movement speed. The upgrade increases the slow caused by Yawn.
Level 9 – Snorlax Unite Move
- Power Nap – Snorlax goes to sleep and starts snoring. The nap deals damage to all opposing Pokémon in the area and throws them. During his power nap, Snorlax is immune to hindrances and his HP is restored over time.
Snorlax Guide: Item Build
- Held Items | Go with Leftovers, Rocky Helmet and Assault Vest.
- Battle Item | Eject Button
Leftovers will recover 1% of HP for every second you are out of combat. Since Snorlax is all about keeping his HP up, this item is perfect. Rocky Helmet will deal a percentage of the damage you've taken to your opponents, which is ideal, since you’ll be taking a lot of damage with Snorlax. Finally, Assault Vest will grant you a percentage of your HP as shield after being out of combat for a while. Why this is good, is obvious by now...
Eject Button is needed to get out of sticky situations, since Snorlax has no mobility. Also, Eject Button works beautifully with Snorlax' Unite Move: Drop in by surprise and take a Power Nap.
Snorlax Guide: Game Strategy
With Snorlax you will want to protect the Pokémon on your team that can't take much damage. Basically, you are the wall that can't be breached, while also disrupting the opposing team as much as possible with walls and slows. It's essential for Snorlax to always stick with his team. As for your Unite move, it can essentially swing a team fight and makes you unkillable. Use it to delay and disrupt your opponents.