Crustle might just be the cutest crab tank in any MOBA ever. Also, he's the only crab-tank in any MOBA ever. If you want to main Crustle in Pokémon Unite, but don't know how to play Crustle, then we've got the Pokémon Unite guide you were looking for.
Pokémon Unite is here, and the hype is already through the roof. Everyone is dying to play the Pokémon 5v5 MOBA, and it's ranking high up on Twitch. Of, course we are just as hyped, so we'll be providing you with a lot of Pokémon Unite How-To guides.
Listen, we've got all the Pokémon Unite guides... need other Pokémon? Easy:
- How To Play Zeraora in Pokémon Unite
- How To Play Charizard in Pokémon Unite
- How To Play Snorlax in Pokémon Unite
- How To Play Greninja in Pokémon Unite
- How To Play Pikachu in Pokémon Unite
How To Play Crustle in Pokémon Unite
Crustle Guide: Basics
Crustle is a day one unlock, so chances are you'll be playing with the little crab at some point. Naturally, Crustle is a defensive Pokémon. He is best used to support your team and help with map control. If you wanna deal a lot of damage fast and dash around the map, then Crustle is definitely not for you.
- Offense: 1.5/5
- Endurance 4/5
- Mobility 1.5/5
- Scoring 2/5
- Support 3/5
Crustle Guide: Evolution
Crustle will start as Dwebble and evolve into the full-grown crab at level 4.
Crustle Guide: Unique Abilities
- Sturdy – Whenever you lose a certain amount of HP, your Defense and Special Defense are increased. Tanky, tankier, Crustle.
- Basic Attack – Crustle's basic attack is boosted with every third attack. When the third, boosted attack hits, damage and slow is dealt to all opposing Pokémon in the area of effect.
Crustle Guide: Moves
- Rock Slide | 6s cooldown – It's raining rocks that will stun opponents.
- Fury Cutter | 3.5s cooldown – You slash opponents and deal more damage with every slash.
How to build: Fury Cutter will be the go-to choice here, simply because you can farm wild Pokémon with it rather quickly. Rock Slide also has its uses though: It is useful to slow the opposing team down, while tanking damage and letting your damage-dealers take out everybody caught in the rocks. Ideally, you'll pick Fury Cutter at level 1 and Rock Slide at level 3.
- Rock Tomb | 5s cooldown – You'll create a wall that can then be destroyed when triggering the attack again. The upgrade slows all opponents caught in the area of effect.
- Shell Smash | 7s cooldown – Crustle smashes its shell to suddenly gain a lot of movement speed and attack, while, obviously, sacrificing defense.
How to build: Shell Smash is useful for retreating when things go south or to deal that last blow to an enemy trying to get away. If you wanna commit to tanking and disrupting the enemy team, then Rock Tomb is your choice here and will be super annoying for opponents when combined with Rock Slide.
- Stealth Rock | 8s cooldown – Throw rocks that cause damage in their area over time. The upgrade increases the time damage is dealt within their zone and adds a slow.
- X-Scissor | 8s cooldown – Crustle claws at opponents to displace and stun them. The upgrade reduces the cooldown.
How to build: If you are all about that damage, then X-Scissor is your pick here. If you want to commit to supporting, Stealth Rock will serve you better – the choice is yours
Level 9 – Crustle Unite Move
- Unite – You are shielded while throwing exploding rocks at nearby opponents. The rocks deal additional damage in their blast zone.
Crustle Guide: Item Build
- Held Items | Go with Rocky Helmet, Assault Vest and Aeos Cookie.
- Battle Item | Eject Button or Potion.
Rocky Helmet will deal a percentage of absorbed damage back to your opponents, while Assault Vest allows you to build a shield against Special Attacks, while out of combat. Aeos Cookie permanently increases your Max HP after scoring a goal. All three items will make you tankier and punish your opponents for taking on your large HP pool.
Eject Button is the usual choice to escape sticky situations, but Potion can also be useful, simply because it allows you to heal back up.
Crustle Guide: Game Strategy
You'll want to stick with your team, to support them by tanking damage with your large health pool and by either damaging or slowing opponents – depending on how you build Crustle. When playing Crustle, you should stick to the top or bottom lane and keep in mind that Crustle is a very good goalkeeper.