Keep an eye out for these shooters
The BEST Weapons in Fortnite Season 5
Now that we have had the chance to secure a few kills and claim a couple of bounties in Fortnite Season 5, the great ranking begins! What weapons are the best and what ones in season 5 should you shoot for? We try to answer that question and provide our reasoning.
- READ MORE: Fortnite Galactus Event Leaks!
S-Tier Weapons Fortnite Season 5
The weapons that follow are the best because they are the most versatile or simply do the most damage. Often you will see pro players use these guns because they play to win, and fun is only a secondary objective.
But winning is fun... right? Most would definitely agree!
- The SCAR is arguably the best weapon in Fortnite because it’s always at the top of any list, but why? It’s because of its high damage and versatility. The SCAR deals 35 damage to the body and makes short work of any target at any distance, with its only weakness being targets that are very far away, like tiny pixels on a map, far away.
- Keep in mind that the Amban Sniper Rifle is a Mythic weapon and therefore it will be hard to get your hands on it – it only drops off Mando. It boasts a massive 110 damage to the body and even has a thermal scope to make spotting targets easier. Less importantly, but just flat-out cool, it doubles as a Spear weapon in melee.
- The Bolt Action Sniper Rifle is much easier to obtain and boasts insane damage at 116 per hit. It is the best long-range weapon and great for picking off early kills. Keep in mind it needs to reload after every shot and is so slow to reload that you will question space and time itself. So, just remember to have a second weapon to swap instead of reloading in tight spots.
- READ MORE: How to Get the Mandalorian Mythic Items
A-Tier Weapons Fortnite Season 5
While not bad in any sense, they simply do not have that OP feeling. You will still be happy to find these weapons early and can use them for an entire match, and still easily win.
- The P90 Sub Machine is a great secondary weapon to switch to and spay and pray in close to mid-range combat. At 19 damage per hit, your targets won’t have much time to react if you get the jump on them.
- The Tactical Shotgun is Season 5’s go-to close-range bunker buster for those late games that end in builds. To make use of any shooter is to know its limits, quickly pull it out when someone is up in your grill, but don't try to use it as a sniper rifle.
- The Rocket Launcher. While trying hard to disregard the fun factor of this gun, is still objectively good and has its uses. Destroying builds and dealing hard-to-avoid splash damage to any bunkered up target is why you would use this single-shot gun. Even if you miss your mark, a quick follow-up with an SMG is a viable tactic that many seasoned Fortniters know all too well.
With these 6 weapons, you have something suited for every playstyle but with the added benefit of being a little bit more competitive. Often matches will come down to a combination of luck and skill but a small edge adds up over time and leads to wins. If your weapon list looks different than ours feel free to disagree on our Twitter or Facebook!
EarlyGame has all Fortnite Season 5 action and brings you content from the world of gaming. If reading's not your thing, check us out on YouTube!