Short Nite is back! Once again, you'll be able to watch a series of animated shorts from up-and-coming creators with your friends in Party Royale. One of these shorts is the next installment in the popular Gildedguy series and even brings the little guy to Fortnite as a skin!
Back in February 2021, Fortnite got its own little film festival, labeled Short Nite. And surprise: Short Nite 2 is now coming to Fortnite! But that's not all. Among other things, Epic has scheduled two short films from the fast-paced Gildedguy saga, including the world premiere of the latest installment, Gildedguy Gets Ready! To celebrate, a Gildedguy outfit will also appear in the Fortnite item store.
When Will Short Nite 2 Take Place?
The Short Nite 2 event will start on Friday, July 23, 2021, at 20:00 CEST. Don't panic if you can't be there for the debut. You still have until July 25, 20:00 CEST to watch one of the replays. The short films are about 40 minutes long combined and will be repeated without interruption for 48 hours.
How Do I Participate in the Short Nite 2 Event?
Are you joining Party Royale for the first time and have no idea how to participate in the event? Then here's a step-by-step guide on how to watch the Short Nite 2 Fortnite event:
- On the lobby screen, click the "Change" button on the right side of the screen.
- Several modes appear on the screen. Select "Party Royale" and then press "Accept".
- After pressing "Accept", you will be taken back to the lobby screen. Now just press "Play!".
- Go to the big screen and wait for the event to start. You can use the map button in Party Royale to see where you are and where the big screen is.
Pretty easy, right?
- Read More: All Leaked Fortnite Cosmetics in Patch 17.20
Gildedguy Release Date
To properly celebrate Short Nite 2, Gildedguy joins the fray on Fortnite Island. Gildedguy will be available in the Fortnite item shop along with the new back bling "Slush Fighter Cape" and the new pickaxe "Stella Pen Sword" starting July 23 at 2:00 CEST.
Original article by EarlyGame's Alisa Eiber.