Fortnite Season 7: Invasion is live, and it made numerous changes to the battle royale environment as we knew it. Here are the full notes for patch 17.00.
Do you like aliens? You'll soon find out with Fortnite Season 7: Invasion. With the new season, Epic Games moved the story forward with an extraterrestrial invasion. Here are the full 17.00 patch notes, and everything you need to know about Season 7 in Fortnite!
New Alien Weapons
Fortnite's Season 7: Invasion added four brand-new weapons for players to experiment with. These are: Pulse Rifle, Rail Gun Rifle, Kymera Ray Gun, and Recon Scanner Launcher. Each of the weapons is an interesting take on old mechanics, and one of them even allows you to shoot through walls!
- Read More: All New Alien Weapons in Fortnite Season 7
Map Changes, New Battle Pass, New Skins
Something that didn't change a lot with the new Fortnite season is the map. The only two regions that got affected are Sweaty Sands and Colossal Crops. Sweaty Sands are now known as Believer Beach, while Colossal Crops turned into Corny Complex. The latter is where the aliens leave their "signs".
In the skins department, expect Superman and Rick and Morty. Both crossovers were confirmed with the tweets by Epic and the official Season 7 trailer that followed.
Fortnite 17.00 Patch Notes
Just a few days back it was revealed that Fortnite will be getting a graphics upgrade with the arrival of Season 7. The rumors were true, and now we have the updated system requirements:
- Intel HD 4000 on PC; Intel Iris Pro 5200
- Core i3-3225 3.3 GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
- Nvidia GTX 960, AMD R9 280, or equivalent DX11 GPU
- 2 GB VRAM
- Core i5-7300U 3.5 GHz
- 8 GB RAM
- Windows 10 64-bit
Epic Quality Presets Specifications
- Nvidia GTX 1080, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, or equivalent GPU
- 4 GB VRAM or higher
- Intel Core i7-8700, AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, or equivalent
- 16 GB RAM or higher
- NVMe Solid State Drive
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Shanty for a Squad Emote out of sync when joining already-singing players
- Difficulty scrolling through player list in Voice Chat tab on controllers
- Unable to perform Last Forever Emote
- Unable to fish while inside certain vehicles
- Several Pickaxes disabled in competitive
- Taking damage through cars while in motion
- Unable to craft Mechanical Bows or Primal Fire Bow in core modes after playing in competitive mode
- Rounds not reporting correct placements
- Unmanned vehicles destroy props when environment damage is turned off
- Asset memory size not showing in pre-place mode on XL Islands
- Boats only work with certain island templates
- Barrier device not preventing players to build through them
- Save Point device wrongly increasing saved score
- Vehicle explosion not properly triggered with “Destroyed with Transmit” on
- Player can encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of Island
- Switching from one Island to another keeps previous Island’s settings
Save The World
- Players with overloaded inventories may be unable to load into Ventures
- Console players get mouse and keyboard prompts
- The Weekly Supercharger Quest is only granting Hero Superchargers
- Broken Pickaxe animations
- Husks can deal damage to objectives through player-built structures
- Nintendo Switch players unable to gift cosmetics, Bundles, or Battle Pass on controller.