Fortnite's Creative Mode got updated yesterday with patch 16.40. The Summer Callout is now live, and with it, Epic Games added fishing, boats, surfboards, and more. Compared to the Battle Royale mode, Fortnite Creative doesn't enjoy much popularity, but it totally should...
What is Fortnite Creative Mode?
Fortnite Creative mode allows players to create their own custom maps, set their own rules, and then play on them with friends. What's better than that? With Patch 16.40, more has been added, and we're here to show you what!
- READ MORE: Get Beast Boy Early With the Teen Titans Cup
What is Fortnite Creative Summer Callout?
With the release of the Summer Callout in Fortnite Creative, Epic Games are looking for the best summer-themed submissions out there. Fortnite will have a summer event soon, and your creations might be part of it! In order to participate, all you have to do is create your own summer map, and submit it. Epic mentioned that they're interested in the following modes:
Genres we’re really excited about are Team Battles, Role Play, Survival, Tycoon. Make it easy to start, and create depth to engage players.
Take us to #CreativeSummer!— Fortnite Creative (@FNCreate) May 11, 2021
Want your game to be featured during Fortnite's Summer event? Send us your sunny summer games by June 11 for a chance to be featured.
Get all the details here: https://t.co/KxWOvD9MGn pic.twitter.com/8Wz3mHLelV
How To Take Part in the Fortnite Creative Summer Callout
- Submit your summer-themed game in the Creative Featured Content form by June 11. Use the dropdown “Seasonal Event.”
- Remember that all submissions must be original work and be sure to follow the Creative featured content guidelines.
- Share your game with the community by using #CreativeSummer and tagging the @FNCreate Twitter Channel.
- Get feedback from your Creative peers in the official Fortnite Creative Discord. Use channel #CreativeSummer.
What is in Fortnite Patch 16.40?
Patch 16.40 added surfboards, boats, fishing, and more. That's right, if you ever wanted to surf in Fortnite, you can now do it in Creative Mode. Here are the full notes from the latest update:
- With the introduction of Race Manager, creators now have more control than ever and a lot more possibilities.
New Summer Features and Vehicles
- Epic Games added boats, a fishing zone, surfboards and more
Let's go catch some waves, the Surfboard is here! pic.twitter.com/8iojvKqVRN— Fortnite Creative (@FNCreate) May 11, 2021
- Fixed an issue where players were not able to rapidly edit with a blueprint out.
- We have made a material adjustment to all Grid Islands to improve the visual clarity of grid lines and surface area. The new flat material has less noise compared to the older concrete material and projects less light reflections.
- Removed the older Flat Grid Hub, Floating Island Hub and Grassy Hill Hub from the Island Create Menu since we have shifted to a new hub and portal layout.
- Fixed an issue where "Details" and "Back" buttons overlapped in the Creative Inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the Recent Islands list did not update.
Prefab & Gallery Fixes
- Fixed an issue with some floors in the Coral Castle Center Prefab not loading the material correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the full roof assets from Coral Castle Prefabs & Gallery would not display a health bar when damaged or take damage from weapons.
- Fixed an issue with the snow piles from the Ice House Prefabs & Gallery showing a one-sided texture.
Device and Item Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the Health Powerup device did not fully drop to the floor when enlarged.
- Fixed an issue where the Baller’s Grappler pulled vehicles towards the Baller instead of the other way round.
Register at MyEarlyGame to customize the content on our website and enter exclusive giveaways. It's free!