The European Championship opens on June 11, 2021. Jogi Löw has nominated 26 Players for the German national team. We show you Germany's squad for the upcoming European Championship.
All of soccer Germany is once again looking to Jogi Löw. He is taking the DFB team to its last major tournament in his career as national coach. After the 2021 European Championship, it's the end of the line for the 2014 world champion. What's special this year is that Löw is allowed to nominate 26 players for his national team squad, instead of the usual 23. Who's in the German squad?
Germany’s Possible Starting Eleven at the 2021 European Championship
There are still many question marks as to exactly what the starting eleven will look like. Who will be fit and in his best form for the European Championship?
Let's start with the goal. Manuel Neuer will be the undisputed number 1, after Marc-André ter Stegen's injury. The defensive chain will by no means line up on its own. It is unclear whether Niklas Süle will be fit in time for the starting lineup after his long injury layoff. If he does, however, Löw will have more than a solid option in Antonio Rüdiger. We see Mats Hummels, who has returned to the squad, as the starter.
- READ MORE: FIFA 21: Team of the Week (TOTW) Prediction
In midfield, it remains to be seen whether Leon Goretzka or Ilkay Gündogan will get a go. The Bayern star is currently out injured, but should be back in action for the European Championship. The front remains questionable too, as it's not clear whether we'll see Thomas Müller, who has also returned, in the starting eleven. We have decided to go with this offense.
This is the German Bench at EC 2021
The national team's reserves are very well staffed – that is already beyond question.
This is the final German Squad
These are the 26 players that are nominated by Jogi Löw:
- Goalkeeper: Manuel Neuer, Kevin Trapp, Bernd Leno
- Defense: Mats Hummels, Niklas Süle, Matthias Ginter, Antonio Rüdiger, Lukas Klostermann, Robin Gosens, Emre Can, Robin Koch, Marcel Halstenberg, Christian Günter
- Midfield/Attack: Joshua Kimmich, Leon Goretzka, Ilkay Gündogan, Jonas Hofmann, Thomas Müller, Jamal Musiala, Serge Gnabry, Timo Werner, Leroy Sané, Kai Havertz, Toni Kroos, Florian Neuhaus, Kevin Volland
- EA Honors Kiyan Prince in FIFA 21
- FIFA 21 Headliners: All Players, Cards & SBCs at a Glance (UPDATED)
- FIFA 21 Icon SBCs: Yashin, Gerrard, Carlos Alberto
Register at MyEarlyGame to customize our website's content, and enter exclusive giveaways. It's free!
Original article by EarlyGame's Lukas Scherbaum.