All you need to know for the most important FIFA 21 FUT event
FIFA 21 TOTY: Everything About the FUT Event
The FIFA 21 Team of the Year (TOTY) is arriving later today. We've opted for early preparation - we are EarlyGamers after all, and have set up this article where we'll cover every little bit of content during the event.
Voting for TOTY was shut on Monday, January 18. Did you vote? If not, then you have no right to judge the people's choice. This article will keep you up to date with any TOTY content that may get released in the coming days and weeks. It will be updated regularly, so don't lose track of it!
The FIFA 21 Team of the Year!
The TOTY has finally been revealed! Surprisingly, Lionel Messi didn't make it into the Team of the Year. Instead, as expected, four professionals of FC Bayern Munich are represented.
- TW: Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern München) - 96 OVR
- LV: Alphonso Davies (FC Bayern München) - 93 OVR
- IV: Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid) - 96 OVR
- IV: Virgil van Dijk (FC Liverpool) - 96 OVR
- RV: Trent Alexander-Arnold (FC Liverpool) - 94 OVR
- ZOM: Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United) - 97 OVR
- ZDM: Joshua Kimmich (FC Bayern München) - 96 OVR
- ZOM: Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City) - 96 OVR
- ST: Cristiano Ronaldo (Piemonte Calcio) - 98 OVR
- ST: Robert Lewandowski (FC Bayern München) - 98 OVR
- ST: Kylian Mbappé (Paris St. Germain) - 97 OVR
- RF: Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona) - 98 OVR
Since 29.01. you can find all TOTY players in the packs for one week.
The players are each released by position group, with greatly improved player stats in FIFA 21 Ultimate Team.
The first were the three strikers, which were available in packs for 48 hours. On Sunday evening the midfielders followed, on Tuesday, defense and goalkeeper form the conclusion. Then, on January 29, all TOTY players will be in packs for a week.
- LF: Franck Ribéry (AC Florenz) - 90 OVR - Expires: 05.03.
- MS: Paulo Dybala (Piemonte Calcio) - 91 OVR - Expires: 31.01.
- IV: Jerome Boateng (FC Bayern München) - 90 OVR - Expires: 02.02.
- RW: Cristiano Ronaldo (Piemonte FC) - 87 OVR - Expires: 19.02.
- ST: Luis Suarez (Atletico Madrid) - 91 OVR
Messi in FIFA 21 TOTY, Honourable Mentions published
The Argentine superstar Lionel Messi has made it as the 12th player into the FIFA 21 Team of the Year. Messi secured the 12th TOTY spot via community voting, beating out Heung-min Son (Tottenham Hotspur) and Thiago (Liverpool FC). His TOTY card has a total value of 98, which is the same rating as TOTY Cristiano Ronaldo and TOTY Lewandowski.
At the same time, EA Sports launched the TOTY Honourable Mentions, a first in FIFA 21, featuring a total of six players who were part of the TOTY vote but didn't make it into the Team of the Year. More players will be available as part of tasks and presumably Squad Building Challenges.
Some of the cards look really damn strong - Ciro Immobile (Lazio Roma), for example, has almost the same stats as Cristiano Ronaldo - but costs a fraction of his price.
The FIFA 21 TOTY Honourable Mentions
- LW: Sadio Mané (FC Liverpool) - 93 OVR
- ST: Ciro Immobile (Lazio Rom) - 91 OVR
- LB: Andrew Robertson (FC Liverpool) - 91 OVR
- CB: Marquinhos (Paris St. Germain) - 89 OVR
- RB: Jesus Navas (FC Sevilla) - 88 OVR
- CAM: Nabil Fekir (Betis Sevilla)- 88 OVR
- CM: Marcel Sabitzer (RB Leipzig) - 88 OVR - Expires: 07.02.
- CAM: Jack Grealish (Aston Villa) - 87 OVR
Update for January 27: TOTY Defense & Goalkeeper
Defender and goalkeeper complete the FIFA 21 Team of the Year. The five new cards are available now for two days in card packs, before the complete team will be available on Friday. Two players from FC Bayern Munich, two kickers from Liverpool FC, and central defender Sergio Ramos make up the TOTY defense.
- LV: Alphonso Davies (FC Bayern München) – 93 OVR
- IV: Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid) – 96 OVR
- IV: Virgil van Dijk (FC Liverpool) – 96 OVR
- RV: Trent Alexander-Arnold (FC Liverpool) – 94 OVR
- TW: Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern München) – 96 OVR
At the same time, the voting for the twelfth player in the Team of the Year has started. If you log into FIFA 21's FUT mode by January 28, you'll receive a player choice pack with a loan card to one of the three players up for grabs. The card you select will receive one vote.
- Heung-min Son (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Thiago (FC Liverpool)
- Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona)
January 25 Update
FIFA 21 TOTY
The TOTY has been revealed, but not all of the ratings. Thus far, we know the ratings of the attackers and the midfielders. Expect and update on defenders and the goalkeeper when those ratings are out.
- GK: Manuel Neuer (Bayern München)
- LB: Alphonso Davies (Bayern München)
- CB: Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
- CB: Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)
- RB: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
- CAM: Bruno Fernandes - 97 OVR (Manchester United)
- CDM: Joshua Kimmich - 96 OVR (Bayern München)
- CAM: Kevin de Bruyne - 96 OVR (Manchester City)
- ST: Cristiano Ronaldo - 98 OVR (Juventus/Piemonte Calcio)
- ST: Robert Lewandowski - 98 OVR (Bayern München)
- ST: Kylian Mbappé - 97 OVR (Paris Saint-Germain)
- LW: Franck Ribéry - 90 OVR (Fiorentina) - 90 OVR - SBC
- CF: Paulo Dybala - 91 OVR (Juventus/Piemonte Calcio) - SBC
- ST: Luís Suárez - 91 OVR (Atlético Madrid) - Objectives
Players are released in a pattern: forwards were available in packs over the weekend. Now it's midfielders' turn. The defense and Neuer will be included on Tuesday. Each portion of cards will be in packs for two days. The whole bunch will go live at the same time on Friday, January 29. TOTY cards will then be within FUT packs for a week before we move on to the next FIFA 21 event.
What Is TOTY?
TOTY is a very special FUT event. It completely breaks the market for months, basically until Team of the Season comes out to give it competition. As the name suggests, TOTY is a compilation of the best performers over the past calendar year, unlike TOTS that covers the regular football season from summer to summer.
TOTY cards are always in the mid and even high 90s, so it's easy to explain why people are losing their minds over them. It's also cool that we get to choose wo makes it. This year's voting ended on Monday and our calculations are leading us to believe that Friday, aka today, might be the big day.
The FIFA 21 TOTY Launch
A countdown on EA Sports' Instagram page duped us into thinking TOTY could be released last night. It wasn't. Our guess is as good as yours at this point but we're still willing to bet that the thing will launch later today, likely at 7pm CET - the usual time for FIFA 21 content.
How Do TOTY Cards Look?
What to Expect From TOTY
The regular 11 isn't the only thing on the TOTY menu. Oh, no. There will be SBCs, Objectives and Lightning Rounds to keep us engaged throughout.
- READ MORE: FIFA 21 Daley Sinkgraven Objectives Solution
Presumably, we'll see some high-profile flashback SBCs over the course of the coming week, revolving around TOTY players from years past. Others may be unlockable through various FUT Objectives. Finally, we hope for some Lightning Round packs and SBCs to make a guest appearance.
One thing is certain: the next couple of weeks in FIFA 21 are going to be wild.
Want a personalized experience, with just the news and videos you care about? Then check out My EarlyGame and sign up for a free account. By joining MyEarlyGame, you also enter our monthly raffles for a chance to win some nice prizes. Have a look at all the details below and enter now:
Original article by EarlyGame's Philipp Briel.