EA Sports want to set FIFA 21 for a good next-gen start
FIFA 21 Launches on PS5 & Xbox Series X|S with TOTGS
December 4 is shaping up to be an eventful day for FIFA 21 players. The game is introducing itself to next-gen consoles, David Beckham is joining as an Icon, and to cap it all off, EA Sports are releasing a very strong pack of FUT cards – the Team of the Group Stage (TOTGS).
EARLYGAME TIP: FIFA 21 offers many gameplay innovations and is hard to learn but with the Gamers Academy Skill Book you will become a FIFA pro in no time! Use the code "EarlyGame25" to receive a 25% discount!
What Is TOTGS?
TOTGS is not a new format at all. We got a similar pack around the same time last year. TOTGS collects the cards of all the best performers in the Champions League group stage. Like any "best of" type of pack, many strong FUT cards are expected to come out of it.
For comparison, check out the FIFA 20 TOTGS:
Unlike RTTF, TOTGS is not a dynamic event. The cards you get are the cards you get. They don't improve over the course of the season. Then again, RTTF cards don't start at a 91-92 OVR either, so it balances out. SBCs and Objectives should be part of the event, so you'll be able to get your hands on these cards in more ways than one.
Tomorrow is going to be the big day. We're not sure about the precise hour of the launch, but December 4, 19:00 CET seems like the most likely target as of now.
FIFA 21 TOTGS Predictions
As TOTGS follows the TOTW pattern, i.e., it is based on real-life performances, fairly accurate predictions can be made on the promo pack's content.
Here are our predictions for FIFA 21 TOTGS:
- GK: Ederson - 91 OVR (Manchester City)
- CB: Sergio Ramos - 92 OVR (Real Madrid)
- RWB: Juan Cuadrado - 86 OVR (Juventus/Piemonte Calcio)
- LB: Angelino - 84 OVR (RB Leipzig)
- CDM: Joshua Kimmich - 90 OVR (Bayern München)
- LM: Kingsley Coman - 88 OVR (Bayern München)
- CAM: Kevin De Bruyne - 93 OVR (Manchester City)
- CF: Dušan Tadić - 86 OVR (Ajax Amsterdam)
- LW: Diogo Jota - 83 OVR (Liverpool)
- RW: Ferran Torres - 84 OVR (Manchester City)
- ST: João Felix - 86 OVR (Atlético Madrid)
- ST: Alvaro Morata - 85 OVR (Juventus/Piemonte Calcio)
- ST: Erling Haaland - 89 OVR (Borussia Dortmund)
- ST: Alassane Pléa - 86 OVR (Borussia Mönchengladbach)
If we turn out correct, Diogo Jota and Ferran Torres' dynamic Ones to Watch cards will get a boost.
Original article by EarlyGame's Philipp Briel.