All info on the hottest promo of the year
FIFA 21 Headliners: All Players, Cards & SBCs at a Glance
The Headliners Promo Event has kicked off in FIFA 21 Ultimate Team, just in time for the start of 2021. What's behind the new FUT event, which players & cards are included and when are the upgrades coming? We'll tell you everything in our overview.
Even before the start of the FIFA 21 Team of the Year (TOTY), the Headliners event is one of the hottest promos that EA FIFA's FUT mode has to offer. Find out what's behind it and which players are taking part here.
Update: FUT 21 Headliners Tracker
With our FUT 21 Headliners tracker, we provide you with an overview of the teams' winning streaks. If a team wins four league games in a row, the respective Headliners variant increases by one point.
STATUS: January 25, 2021.
- READ MORE: FIFA 21 TOTW 16 Upgrades Dynamic Cards
They did it! All three Headliners teams that stood at three wins managed to win the decisive fourth match. Sergej Milinkovic-Saviv, Wissam Ben Yedder, and João Félix thus secure the upgrade through a winning streak.
The maps will be adjusted for the release of TOTW 18 next Wednesday, January 27. Milinkovic-Savic and João Félix also have the chance to get an Inform Card, as they both impressed with their performances. Will there be a double upgrade on Wednesday?
On January 20, Frankfurt only played to a draw in the decisive match against SC Freiburg. Martin Hinteregger's winning streak has thus been snapped, and the center back has to start from scratch again. On the other hand, FC Bayern München won its match, and Leon Goretzka now has two victories to his name.
An upgrade is also certain for Manchester City's Riyad Mahrez, who won their game in the evening. This climbs the card to 88 OVR, the values should be adjusted for the weekend. He is the first player whose team reaches the winning streak.
Four wins (UPGRADE)
- Riyah Mahrez (Manchester City) - 87 OVR -> 88 OVR
- Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Lazio Roma) - 89 OVR
- Wissam Ben Yedder (AS Monaco) – 89 OVR
- João Félix (Atletico Madrid) – 87 OVR
- Rafinha (Paris Saint-Germain) - 84 OVR
- Jonathan Bamba (LOSC Lille) – 86 OVR
- Leon Goretzka (Bayern München) - 87 OVR
- Heung-Min Son (Tottenham Hotspur) - 89 OVR
- Diego Carlos (FC Sevilla) - 86 OVR
- Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United) – 91 OVR
- Martin Hinteregger (Eintracht Frankfurt) - 86 OVR
- James Tavernier (Glasgow Rangers) - 86 OVR
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) - 92 OVR
- Karl Toko Ekambi (Olympique Lyon) - 84 OVR
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Roma FC) – 86 OVR
- Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad) – 87 OVR
- Jordan Amavi (Olympique Marseille) – 84 OVR
- Matheus Cunha (Hertha BSC Berlin) – 84 OVR
- Fabinho (FC Liverpool) – 88 OVR
- Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace) – 87 OVR
- Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund) - 89 OVR
- Danny Ings (Southampton) - 85 OVR
- Lukáš Hrádecky (Bayer Leverkusen) – 86 OVR
- Dayot Upamecano (RB Leipzig) - 84 OVR
- Hirving Lozano (SSC Neapel) - 87 OVR
- Theo Hernandez (AC Mailand) - 87 OVR
Update from January 21
Striker Wissam Ben Yedder (AS Monaco) is in the new TOTW 17 of FIFA 21, so his already strong Headliners card increases by one counter, and climbs to a total value of 87 OVR. Over a million coins will be due for last year's OP attacker on the transfer market.
Best of all: the next upgrade could come as early as this weekend, as AS Monaco are on three wins out of four and face Olympique Marseille on January 23. If the Monegasques win, Ben Yedder's rating will rise by another point.
Ben Yedder's rating boosts:
- +1 Pace
- +1 Shooting
- +2 Passing
- +1 Dribbling
- +1 Defense
- +2 Physique
Update from January 14
Eintracht Frankfurt central defender Martin Hinteregger has made it into the new Team of the Week, making him the first player whose Headliners card rises in rating. Hinteregger's stats look outstanding, and with a price tag of around 31,000 coins, the player is quite cheap to buy.
Martin Hinteregger's rating boosts:
- +1 Speed
- +1 Shooting
- +2 Passing
- +2 Dribbling
- +1 Defense
- +1 Physique
FIFA 21 Headliners: What Is Behind It?
The FIFA 21 Headliners are, similar to the Ones to Watch or Road to the Final cards, dynamic cards whose values increase during the season. Compared to the other two promos, however, the Headliners upgrades work a little differently.
Some of the best players in the real-world soccer season get to enjoy a FUT Headliners special card, which is one counter above that kicker's best Inform card at the start of the event. Each time the player receives a performance-based special card, the Headliners card also increases in rating. These include Team of the Week, Man of the Match, Hero, or Team of the Tournament, for example.
The FUT 21 Headliners can also increase if the respective team wins four games in a row within the league (cup games or Champions or Europa League do not count here). However, this upgrade is a one-time-only, while the card can continue to rise with TOTW awards. Thus, the Headliners variant is then two points above most Inform card for a player.
Bruno Fernandes of Manchester United has a total value of 91 with the Headliners card. If the Red Devils now win four games in a row in the Premier League, the Portuguese reaches a value of 92. If he makes it into one of the teams of the week, the total value rises further to 93, 94, and so on. It's no wonder that FUT 21 Headliners are in hot demand on the transfer market, is it? Headliners Team 1 is available now, a second selection will follow on January 8.
FUT 21 Headliners: All Cards, Players & SBCs at a Glance
To help you keep track of players and upgrades, we present all players and cards in detail here. All league games starting January 1, 2021 count towards the winning streak - this also applies to Team 2, which will be released next week.
With Manchester United's win against Aston Villa on January 1, Bruno Fernandes secures the first of four wins for the upgrade.
FIFA 21 Headliners Team 1
- CAM: Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United) - 91 OVR - (1 win)
- CB: Fabinho (Liverpool FC) - 88 OVR
- ST: Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace) - 87 OVR - (1 win)
- ST: Wissam Ben Yedder (AS Monaco) - 87 OVR
- LW: Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad) - 87 OVR
- CF: João Félix (Atletico Madrid) - 86 OVR - (1 win)
- GK: Lukáš Hrádecky (Bayer Leverkusen) - 86 OVR
- CF: Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Roma FC) - 86 OVR - (1 win)
- LM: Jonathan Bamba (LOSC Lille) - 86 OVR
- CB: Martin Hinteregger (Eintracht Frankfurt) 85 OVR - (1 win)
- LB: Jordan Amavi (Olympique Marseille) - 84 OVR
- CM: Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Lazio Roma) - 88 OVR - Expires: 10.01.
- IV: John Stones (Manchester City) - 86 OVR - Expires: 12.01.
To secure these players, you will have to venture into the specially created friendly match mode, Live FUT Friendly: Headliners Challenge, and complete various tasks there.
- CAM: Matheus Cunha (Hertha BSC Berlin) - 84 OVR - (1 win)
FIFA 21 Headliners Team 2
Follows. Based on the performances so far in the current season, the following players might make it into Headliners Team 2:
- LB: Theo Hernandez (AC Milan) - 87 OVR
- CB: Presnel Kimpembe (Paris St.-Germain) - 85 OVR
- CM: Marcos Llorente (Atletico Madrid) - 85 OVR
- LM: Jack Grealish (Aston Villa) - 84 OVR
- LM: Heung-Min Son (Tottenham Hotspur) - 89 OVR
- LM: Marcus Rashford (Manchester United) - 89 OVR
- RM: Hirving Lozano (SSC Napoli) - 87 OVR
- CAM: Thomas Müller (FC Bayern Munich) - 88 OVR
- CF: Max Kruse (Union Berlin) - 85 OVR
- ST: Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund) - 89 OVR
Players such as Robert Lewandowski and Joshua Kimmich from FC Bayern München, Cristiano Ronaldo (Piemonte Calcio) or Kylian Mbappé (Paris St.-Germain), who would also have deserved a Headliners card based on their performances, will probably go empty-handed this time due to the approaching Team of the Year event.
The TOTY promo will probably follow the second headliners team, which is January 15, 2021, and will bring some tickets with a total value of 99.
- READ MORE: FIFA 21 Ultimate Team Season 3 is live
EARLYGAME TIP: FIFA 21 offers many gameplay innovations and is hard to learn. With our partners from Gamers Academy, you will become a FIFA pro thanks to over 100 skills! With the code "EarlyGame10" you can also get a 10% discount!
Original article by EarlyGame's Philipp Briel.