EA Sports unveiled the 100 top-rated players in FIFA 21 on Thursday. We like FIFA player ratings. Do you like FIFA player ratings? Sure you do! We picked the top 3 at each position. It's a decent bunch.
We already went over the top 10 overall players in FIFA 21. This time we focus on individual positions and give out the medals at each one.
Top 3 FIFA 21 Players by Position
Let's skip the drawn-out intro and just get on with it, shall we?
- Jan Oblak - 91 OVR (Atlético Madrid) - Oblak got the highest GK rating in FIFA 20 and is enthroned above the competition again this year.
- Marc-André ter Stegen - 90 OVR (Barcelona) - No changes for the German goalkeeper of Barcelona compared to FIFA 20. He was the most sought-after GK in FUT 20 despite his lower rating. Could this be the case again?
- Alisson - 90 OVR (Liverpool) - A much-improved handling rating bumps the Liverpool shot-stopper into the 90s.
- Andrew Robertson - 87 OVR (Liverpool) - As with many Liverpool players this year, the Scottish defender is given an overall increase, which makes him the best left back in the game.
- Jordi Alba - 86 OVR (Barcelona) - Alba's pace, defense and physical condition are down by one point. Fitting to Barcelona's season.
- Alex Sandro - 85 OVR (Juventus/Piemonte Calcio) - Speed, defense and physicality drop by one point, but the Brazilian still maintains his overall rating and secures the third place.
- Virgil Van Dijk - 90 OVR (Liverpool) - Surprisingly, Van Dijk isn't among the Liverpool players to get a boost in FIFA 21. He is still the best central defender in the game, though, so all is fine.
- Sergio Ramos - 89 OVR (Real Madrid) - The overall rating remains unchanged, but Ramos is improving in passing, shooting, and defense and is expected to dominate the La Liga teams again together with teammate Raphaël Varane.
- Kalidou Koulibaly - 88 OVR (Napoli) The Senegalese lost a point compared to FUT 20, but still finishes in the top 3. Outstanding defensive and physical values make him a beast still.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold - 87 OVR (Liverpool) - A four-point increase turns TAA into the best right back in FIFA 21. Deservedly so.
- Daniel Carvajal - 86 OVR (Real Madrid) - Once again the best right defender in the Spanish La Liga. We are curious to see what Nélson Semedo's rating will be.
- Kyle Walker - 85 OVR (Manchester City) Walker actually gains a point compared to last year. A popular choice in FUT 20, he might be picked even more frequently now.
- Casemiro - 89 OVR (Real Madrid) - Germany is overdone by Brazil for once. This totally makes up for 1-7.
- Joshua Kimmich - 88 OVR (Bayern München) - A position swap takes Kimmich to the defensive midfield position. A two-point increase takes him to second place here.
- Toni Kroos - 88 OVR (Real Madrid) - Kroos and Kimmich are actually both tied with N'Golo Kanté at 88 OVR. This is a German site. Kroos is third. Ok?
- Neymar - 91 OVR (Paris Saint-Germain) - Neymar's rating is down by a point. That's what reaching the Champions League final does for your reputation. Still the best left-side attacker in FIFA 21.
- Sadio Mané - 90 OVR (Liverpool) - Mané, on the other hand, has his OVR grow by two. Well-deserved after a great league campaign in England.
- Eden Hazard - 88 OVR (Real Madrid) - The FIFA 20 cover star had a nightmarish start to his Real Madrid career. A three-point decrease knocks him down to third place among left wingers.
- Lionel Messi - 93 OVR (Barcelona) - Messi secures the best FIFA rating for a record tenth time, even if his rating drops by one point.
- Mohamed Salah - 90 OVR (Liverpool) - Salah's form remained consistent last season and so does his rating from FIFA 20.
- Jadon Sancho - 87 OVR (Borussia Dortmund) - Sancho is tied with PSG's Ángel di María for third. His three-point rise in OVR and slight advantage in individual values give him the edge over the Argentine. Also, this site is German. Borussia's player is third. Ok?
- Kevin De Bruyne - 91 OVR (Manchester City) - KDB was named Premier League Player of the Season but that did not faze EA Sports at all. They keep the Belgian's rating where it was in FIFA 20.
- Bruno Fernandes - 87 OVR (Manchester United) - An impressive few months for the Portuguese secured him a two-point rise on his FIFA rating and a second place among attacking midfielders.
- Thomas Müller - 86 OVR (Bayern München) - Guess what? Müller is tied for third with a bunch of other players that are not German. Where does this site originate from? That's right, sucka!
- Cristiano Ronaldo - 92 OVR (Juventus/Piemonte Calcio) - Like his partner in crime Messi, Ronaldo also loses an overall point. He still keeps the second position in the game with his 92 OVR and remains the best striker in FIFA 21.
- Robert Lewandowski - 91 OVR (Bayern München) - What does a man need to do to dislodge Messi and Ronaldo? The Pole played the season of his life, but all of his goals could only get him behind the pair of superstars in the FIFA 21 ratings list.
- Kylian Mbappé - 90 OVR (Paris Saint-Germain) - The FIFA 21 cover star just barely cracks the top 3 for strikers. He does go +1 on his overall, which is good enough, I guess.
That does it for today. We covered all main stations on the field. Are you surprised by anyone missing or being present here? Let us know!