You can do better than that, EA!
FIFA 20 TOTW Moments disappoints… again
It’s been three weeks since we shifted from Team of the Week to the new TOTW Moments format and, well, it hasn’t been an enjoyable ride. Let’s see how EA let us down this week, shall we?
Of all the TOTWs in all of the world, they had to choose this one
EA Sports were forced into coming up with a quick fix as the coronavirus pandemic shut down all major sporting events about a month ago. With no real-time football leagues to go by, the developers went with the idea to reincarnate TOTWs from previous years with updated stats and look.
The idea was not an instant hit with the community to put it lightly, but the backlash hasn’t been softened by EA’s choice of Teams to revive. Last week had a couple of gems, but so far it’s been the only pack to contain anything worth spending your hard-earned FIFA coins or easily paid for FIFA points on.
Sadly, TOTW Moments 3 does not do anything to change that. EA Sports went back to last year for the second time in a row, but unlike last week, the choice seems odd this time around. The pack looks so bad that many prayed it would turn out an April Fools prank. It isn’t.
Here’s the bang averageness we got with TOTW Moments 3:
- GK: Vicente Guaita – 84 OVR (Crystal Palace)
- CB: Marquinhos – 87 OVR (Paris Saint-Germain)
- CB: Benjamin Hübner – 82 OVR (Hoffenheim)
- LB: Andrew Robertson – 87 OVR (Liverpool)
- CDM: Wilfred Ndidi – 87 OVR (Leicester City)
- CM: Sergej Milinković-Savić – 87 OVR (Lazio)
- CM: Thomas Partey – 87 OVR (Atlético Madrid)
- LM: Simone Verdi – 83 OVR (Torino)
- RW: Carlos Vela – 86 OVR (Los Angeles FC)
- ST: Duván Zapata – 87 OVR (Atalanta)
- ST: Iago Aspas – 87 OVR (Celta Vigo)
- GK: Alexander Schwolow – 84 OVR (Freiburg)
- CB: Ben Mee – 82 OVR (Burnley)
- RM: Emmanuel Dennis – 84 OVR (Club Brugge)
- RM: James Forrest – 81 OVR (Celtic)
- CAM: Alejandro Pozuelo – 83 OVR (Toronto FC)
- LF: Merveille Biankadi – 76 OVR (Eintracht Braunschweig)
- ST: Yussuf Poulsen – 84 OVR (RB Leipzig)
- ST: Moanes Dabbur – 83 OVR (Hoffenheim)
- ST: Guillaume Hoarau – 82 OVR (Young Boys)
- ST: Andreas Weimann – 78 OVR (Bristol City)
- ST: Saleh Al-Shehri – 75 OVR (Al-Hilal)
What do you think of this team? Is it as bad as people claim it to be or should we cut EA some slack given the circumstances? In case of the former, here’s the last TOTW to remind you of better days.