The fans aren't amused
FIFA 20 Team of the Week is back
FIFA 20’s weekly praise of the past seven days’ top performers in the form of FUT cards is back in business. Team of the Week No. we-lost-count is bringing the format with a bang… or is it? Most fans don’t agree with that.
Team of the Week returns but the excitement isn’t there
FIFA 20’s TOTW cycle was hit heavily by the coronavirus pandemic and was out of order for three months. Now that the format made its return at long last, you’d expect fans to be happy about it, but that doesn’t appear to be the case at all.
Pretty much all of the top comments are negative, some slandering the whole TOTW format and others expressing their distaste for a certain Polish striker’s absence from the squad.
Let’s talk about the roster itself. Kevin De Bruyne is the undisputed star here. His 96 OVR is head and shoulders above anyone else’s – a well-deserved prize for what he did to poor Arsenal. Closely following the Belgian is the strike force of this team comprised of Karim Benzema, Erling Haaland and Duván Zapata.
The thing that’s rattling a lot of FIFA fans is Robert Lewandowski not being a part of that strike force. The clinical finisher netter three times in two games last week, but that was apparently not considered good enough by the EA Sports staff. The community disagrees.
So the 23-man squad we are left with looks like this:
- GK: Luigi Sepe – 84 OVR (Parma)
- RB: César Azpilicueta – 87 OVR (Chelsea)
- CB: Nicolas Nkoulou – 87 OVR (Torino)
- LB: Benjamin Chilwell – 84 OVR (Leicester City)
- RM: Edin Višća – 88 OVR (İstanbul Başakşehir)
- CM: Kevin De Bruyne – 96 OVR (Manchester City)
- LM: Allan Saint-Maximin – 86 OVR (Newcastle United)
- CAM: Lars Stindl – 85 OVR (Borussia Mönchengladbach)
- CF: Karim Benzema – 91 OVR (Real Madrid)
- ST: Erling Haaland – 90 OVR (Borussia Dortmund)
- ST: Duván Zapata – 88 OVR (Atalanta)
- GK: Jordi Masip – 84 OVR (Real Valladolid)
- CB: Dedryck Boyata – 84 OVR (Hertha Berlin)
- RM: Marcos Llorente – 83 OVR (Atlético Madrid)
- CM: Rafinha – 84 OVR (Celta Vigo)
- ST: Wout Weghorst – 86 OVR (Wolfsburg)
- ST: Danny Ings – 84 OVR (Southampton)
- ST: Jean-Pierre Nsame – 83 OVR (Young Boys)
- GK: Fábio – 75 OVR (Desportivo Aves)
- CB: Rasmus Lauritsen – 75 OVR (IFK Norrköping)
- RW: Jón Dagur Þorsteinsson – 74 OVR (Aarhus)
- LW: Amahl Pellegrino – 79 OVR (Kristiansund)
- CAM: Louie Sibley – 65 OVR (Derby County)